2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mina is too slow for this league. He's a great competitor and an asset in the opposition box, but I have zero faith in him up against pace.

Godfrey is certainly one for the position and with time can be a very good CB. But I think CB is every bit the problem area that RB is. It's gone under the radar because of the number of CB we have, but none of them are good enough apart Godfrey - who is still learning that position at PL level.
Not saying Mina is the best cb in the world game by any stretch, but he's the best we've got at the club, and I know we have his fitness issues to worry about, but he needs to be starting when he's available.

We're more composed and just look better when he's playing - Yerry is the leader Godfrey needs and Godfrey can be minas legs, it makes sense.

Holgate and Keane are miles worse than Yerry.

He's a disgrace to the great centre halfs we've had down the years. Weak, spineless, slow, doesn't command, can't pass. He's an absolute none entity. Sell.
He’s not a disgrace, Jesus Christ we’ve had far far worse defenders, Kroldrup, Alcaraz, Thomas to name 3
Why is Holgate getting pelters for Keane being absolute garbage yet again?

It's really weird.

I also keep reading stuff about Keane being fine defending deep and not when we need to pass out from the back, Keane is actually good on the ball for a centre back, his problem is he is obviously a bit thick because he keeps the ball in places where he is going to lose it. He had plenty of time to get rid of the ball yesterday but instead he decided to do a dummy pass and then even worse tried to jib the responsibility off onto Holgate.
Holgate was pathetic in trying to challenge Adams once Keane had the ball knicked, stay on his feet and it doesn’t go through to Armstrong, instead he goes in with the tackle and got megged

The problem with Keane for me is his mentality. He couldn’t shrug off that mistake in the 1st half resulting in playing overly safe and he couldn’t hit a wide man with a 30 yard pass 2nd half. When he’s good he’s very good when he’s bad he’s shocking. I would have subbed him at half time and tell him to prepare for next week and get the mistake out of his mind.

The problem with Keane for me is his mentality. He couldn’t shrug off that mistake in the 1st half resulting in playing overly safe and he couldn’t hit a wide man with a 30 yard pass 2nd half. When he’s good he’s very good when he’s bad he’s shocking. I would have subbed him at half time and tell him to prepare for next week and get the mistake out of his mind.

Yeh, you can literally see his head drop when he cocks up. He hides from the ball and passes back as soon as he gets it. When he is playing with confidence, he is much better than people remember though

Status
Not open for further replies.