2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a Keane and Mina partnership we shouldn't concede many aerial goals but we'll get done with pace, just about finding the right balance really. At the moment, Pickford aside, i feel very confident on balls being pumped into the box but we also saw the problem against a pacey counter attack.

Two great Irish players at the club. Great attitude. Coupled with the South American mentality its all good. Ad ive said before. Attitude, Attitude,Attitude. This is the new Ancelotti way...

He's actually proving to be a decent defender. Won't be a popular opinion I'm sure, but I think he's better than Jagielka. Does the simple things really well and is great in the air. With a consistent run in the team and more protection in front of him instead of the gaping holes our midfield have left for the the last 3 years, he is showing he can be an asset as long as we play to his strengths.
Get a reliable keeper behind him and he could be part of a very strong defensive unit for years to come.

5 year contract approved by Ancelotti is some vote of confidence. That's what he needs, someone to back him. Now it's showing.
See what I like about this is too many times when a player has a contract running low they up the game for a deal, sign then drop off. Keane signed a new deal but then pressed on more, very professional.

See what I like about this is too many times when a player has a contract running low they up the game for a deal, sign then drop off. Keane signed a new deal but then pressed on more, very professional.

It’s even better when he seems to geniunely want to be here. I know he’s being paid handsomely but it’s nice to see him putting a shift in.

We’ve definitely improved and worked on set pieces - especially with James taking them. I fancy us to score from a lot of set pieces this season.

I'd have had him as backup if everyone had been fit going into the new season, but he's definitely ahead of Mina on recent form.

Good feet for the goal on Saturday, too.

It’s even better when he seems to geniunely want to be here. I know he’s being paid handsomely but it’s nice to see him putting a shift in.

We’ve definitely improved and worked on set pieces - especially with James taking them. I fancy us to score from a lot of set pieces this season.
We were one of the PL’s top goal scoring teams from set pieces last season I think.

He's actually proving to be a decent defender. Won't be a popular opinion I'm sure, but I think he's better than Jagielka. Does the simple things really well and is great in the air. With a consistent run in the team and more protection in front of him instead of the gaping holes our midfield have left for the the last 3 years, he is showing he can be an asset as long as we play to his strengths.
Get a reliable keeper behind him and he could be part of a very strong defensive unit for years to come.
He's definitely not better than prime Jagielka mate. Jags was unbelievable at his best.

But I will say, Keane looks very good at the mo. Happy for him too as he seems a very decent lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.