2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that during the game. I don't think I once heard the commentators mention anything regarding keanes long balls. Imagine if that was van dyke? It's all the commentators would of been speaking about.
In fairness though mate, If Van dyke was spreading longballs like Keane it would mean he had been resurrected from the dead and that would be more noteworthy?

I thought that during the game. I don't think I once heard the commentators mention anything regarding keanes long balls. Imagine if that was van dyke? It's all the commentators would of been speaking about.

FA73992D-45C8-452D-B363-821A01F54B78.jpeg

I have no agenda. What sort of agenda do you think I have? Its just CB is our strongest position and given Branthwaite has to leave to get game time its probably the position we can sell someone for really good money to get resources to improve the team as a whole. I also said above that I believe they all have a mistake in them.
We don't have a financial problem....we have a few fringe players we could move on,but most top teams have at least 3 probably four centre halves. Lose one to injury or sell one of them and it makes the squad considerably weaker (example the RS) Why do you want uu to sell ANY of our best players?We need a couple of regular first teamers to complement what we have, not replace what we have. This would make us stronger and even more competitive.

We don't have a financial problem....we have a few fringe players we could move on,but most top teams have at least 3 probably four centre halves. Lose one to injury or sell one of them and it makes the squad considerably weaker (example the RS) Why do you want uu to sell ANY of our best players?We need a couple of regular first teamers to complement what we have, not replace what we have. This would make us stronger and even more competitive.

We do have finances I agree but we are a responsible club and are trying to keep our spending under control. I don't advocate selling Keane now I say do it in the summer. In the summer Branthwaite will return and he will be an ideal 4th choice. That means there needs to be 3 ahead of him so in.my opinion we need to sell one of the other 4. Brands has already suggested he wants a squad of 23/24 which is made of 8 defenders which i would think would ideally be 2 RB, 2LB and 4 CB. The reason the RS collapsed was they only had 3 decent CB and 2 were injury prone and the other got a season ending injury. I suspect once Godfrey gets in at CB he will be first choice its just hes needed elsewhere at the minute.

He’s really playing well, as are the rest of the defence. His distribution and leadership have come in leaps and bounds. Pleased for him.

He’s benefitting, as is Mina, from having a more solid structure around him and protection in front of him from midfield. Attacking fullbacks and a midfield who are incredibly slow at covering ground/getting back into a defensive shape does leave centre backs very exposed at times. As a centre back when the set up leaves you that open against top players its hard to look good and keep clean sheets.

He’s really playing well, as are the rest of the defence. His distribution and leadership have come in leaps and bounds. Pleased for him.

He’s benefitting, as is Mina, from having a more solid structure around him and protection in front of him from midfield. Attacking fullbacks and a midfield who are incredibly slow at covering ground/getting back into a defensive shape does leave centre backs very exposed at times. As a centre back when the set up leaves you that open against top players its hard to look good and keep clean sheets.

That was my feeling about Coleman.

I know he's played well under Ancelotti but if he has a decent Euros I would sell. He is at peak age, England International premium. I also think there is still a mistake in him every so often so this summer could be the opportunity to cash in. Part of the reason is we have one CB too many in my opinion which is why Branthwaite has had to go out on loan. There is no way Godfrey is leaving as he is Brands/Ancelotti own signing and versatile. Holgate can cover other positions as well. If Mina left I'm not convinced we would get as much for him and there isn't much difference in levels of performance. In fact Mina for me looks a better player when playing alongside Holgate than Keane does.

Its all opinions but I don't think he is personally. He's has done well but I still always feel he has a mistake in him. One thing he has impressed me with though is his much improved distribution.

I would be prepared to sell anyone at the right price. As I said in my post he has a decent Euros and someone might offer us silly money. I'm also hoping Pickford does well for the same reason.

I think they all have a mistake in them to be fair. I just always feel uneasy when he is last man and on the ball. As I said above his forward distribution has improved no end I just feel with him in the team we are always going to be defending 5/10 yards deeper than ideal. When he plays alongside Mina I feel Mina backs off because he knows Keane isn't quick enough to cover him. When he plays alongside Holgate they get bullied a little. Maybe Godfrey or Branthwaite could be the ideal partner. I just know his value will diminish from here. If there is one thing we can learn from the shower over the park its about knowing when to sell.

I have no agenda. What sort of agenda do you think I have? Its just CB is our strongest position and given Branthwaite has to leave to get game time its probably the position we can sell someone for really good money to get resources to improve the team as a whole. I also said above that I believe they all have a mistake in them.

We do have finances I agree but we are a responsible club and are trying to keep our spending under control. I don't advocate selling Keane now I say do it in the summer. In the summer Branthwaite will return and he will be an ideal 4th choice. That means there needs to be 3 ahead of him so in.my opinion we need to sell one of the other 4. Brands has already suggested he wants a squad of 23/24 which is made of 8 defenders which i would think would ideally be 2 RB, 2LB and 4 CB. The reason the RS collapsed was they only had 3 decent CB and 2 were injury prone and the other got a season ending injury. I suspect once Godfrey gets in at CB he will be first choice its just hes needed elsewhere at the minute.

Careful, theres posters on here who want 'mighty mouse' to be club captain because hes finally playing in a deep defence.

Imagine just how negative that is when hes the quietest defender in the squad and they want that in a captain...

Keane always been good in a deep defence and the setup works for him. If we want to play a higher line we should (as you say) sell...but if Ancelotti will keep the defence deep then he should stay.

Out of interest, how much do you think hes worth?

Careful, theres posters on here who want 'mighty mouse' to be club captain because hes finally playing in a deep defence.

Imagine just how negative that is when hes the quietest defender in the squad and they want that in a captain...

Keane always been good in a deep defence and the setup works for him. If we want to play a higher line we should (as you say) sell...but if Ancelotti will keep the defence deep then he should stay.

Value is a difficult one but hes at least as good as Maguire in my opinion just depends on the market. Interesting when Carragher and Neville were talking on MNF they were saying a deep back line is what ultimately holds United back.

If we want to dominate teams we need to be able to play further up the pitch. It will stop DCL getting so isolated.

Having Keane as captain will be like having Jagielka as captain. We need someone who can actually lead. Neville was at times a poor player but at least he took responsibility of organising.

Value is a difficult one but hes at least as good as Maguire in my opinion just depends on the market. Interesting when Carragher and Neville were talking on MNF they were saying a deep back line is what ultimately holds United back.

If we want to dominate teams we need to be able to play further up the pitch. It will stop DCL getting so isolated.

Having Keane as captain will be like having Jagielka as captain. We need someone who can actually lead. Neville was at times a poor player but at least he took responsibility of organising.
This is dead weird lads, he's been our best defender for 18months now and yet you are having a pop cos, checks notes, he doesn't scream and shout? Dead, dead weird.

For the record, no, I wouldn't want him to be Captain, but there's nobody currently in the squad who stands out as Captain material.

Eats Zat up that Keane has become so good for the team, he's waiting for him to make a mistake before he will demand he's sold for another donkey like Gabriel.

Yes, usually I'd point to Atletico Madrid as a team which can be very effective playing somewhat deep.

However, even Simeone has now switched things so when theyre playing 442 their full backs push high up the pitch. Almost making them a 2224 system. He's also frequently dabbled with the 352 system so its a different style to the past few seasons.

The setup we currently have may be very effective in keeping clean sheets, though it does indeed isolate the forward players. We really need our attacking play to be top notch if our defence is so far behind the play.

Even if we focus on having a flat back four (full backs not frequently pushing forward) then to really dominate teams we would need to have a high line. This is actually impossible with both Keane and Mina.

Im quite open minded about it really. I would say that if we want to continue the deep defensive setup then we would need to have a superstar central or defensive midfielder who can carry the ball or act as a deep playmaker.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season in terms of signings as then it should make things clear if we are going to persist with this new solid defensive setup OR gradually adapt towards more of an expansive one.

This is dead weird lads, he's been our best defender for 18months now and yet you are having a pop cos, checks notes, he doesn't scream and shout? Dead, dead weird.

For the record, no, I wouldn't want him to be Captain, but there's nobody currently in the squad who stands out as Captain material.

Eats Zat up that Keane has become so good for the team, he's waiting for him to make a mistake before he will demand he's sold for another donkey like Gabriel.

Youre really repeating this nonsense?

Once again, last season 1st half Mina and 2nd half Holgate before both got injured.

Have you got a really selective memory?

Also, Id swap Keane for Gabriel in a heartbeat if were planning to move to a more expansive/dynamic style of play.

Youre really repeating this nonsense?

Once again, last season 1st half Mina and 2nd half Holgate before both got injured.

Have you got a really selective memory?

Also, Id swap Keane for Gabriel in a heartbeat if were planning to move to a more expansive/dynamic style of play.
You know who loves it when teams play a high line, all the good teams in the league, they love being able to pass over your CBs, love it they do.

You know who doesn't like a high line? Carlo Ancelotti.

Utter horse muck that Holgate has ever been our best CB, he's played very well at times, but Keane has been head and shoulders for a very long time.

And of course you trade Gabriel for Keane, would expect nothing else from somebody who falls in love with names and ignores talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.