2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he put a foot wrong on Saturday I didn't see it.

Took care of everything in the air, calm as could be.

Even had a perfectly weighted long ball to spring DCL that could have (should have?) led to something.

Was terrified of Son getting behind him but that never happened.

Very slow to turn

...applies to our fans who have made their minds up that he's poor and refuse to acknowledge that over the last few months he has developed into our best, most consistent centre half, playing in a system that suits him.

He's only crap against pace, anything else I think he is fairly solid. His confidence is up and down which is more of a hindrance than his actual ability.

I’ve been a fierce critic of Keane in the past, based on watching some woeful performances where he could hardly pass a ball 5 yards without it going into touch or astray, and abysmal marking and basic defending. However, credit where it’s due, he has looked much better of late. I still worry a little that his confidence is always on a knife edge, and one mistake ( as it did during one of his England performances) will immediately set him back.
Tomori certainly needs signing to provide tough competition for places to keep all the central defenders on their toes.

Very slow to turn

...applies to our fans who have made their minds up that he's poor and refuse to acknowledge that over the last few months he has developed into our best, most consistent centre half, playing in a system that suits him.
I take that as a personal insult against the fans... I think we’re actually very quick to turn on players!

The one guy I’m fine with starting today out of the first team. Keep Mina healthy of course, but Keane should be fine here. Just need him in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.