2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my day England internationals playing for the 12th best team in the land were sold to the top sides.

Theres a glitch in the matrix

His England call up is one of the reasons England never get anywhere on the international stage. He's a good player in his own right, and his form was good at the end of the season so in that sense he deserves it, but he's been found wanting at that level more than once. He just isn't up to it in my opinion. I'm a big advocate of finding players who have a game that suits international football, they aren't always the same ones that suit the PL.

Wouldn’t even have a sniff off he squad back in the days when players like Carragher, Lesley King, Lescott were struggling to get into it. He’s lucky to be playing during an absolute drought of any talent whatsoever in that position. There’s centrebacks missing out on the french squad completely who are a million miles ahead of him.

Wouldn’t even have a sniff off he squad back in the days when players like Carragher, Lesley King, Lescott were struggling to get into it. He’s lucky to be playing during an absolute drought of any talent whatsoever in that position. There’s centrebacks missing out on the french squad completely who are a million miles ahead of him.

Funny thing is theres French centre backs who look like being fantastic who we could sign for the same fee we'd probably make on Keane.

Glad hes in the squad as (like Pickford) we need them to be classed as current England internationals so their values dont drop. Also his confidence seems brittle as it is.

His England call up is one of the reasons England never get anywhere on the international stage. He's a good player in his own right, and his form was good at the end of the season so in that sense he deserves it, but he's been found wanting at that level more than once. He just isn't up to it in my opinion. I'm a big advocate of finding players who have a game that suits international football, they aren't always the same ones that suit the PL.

I agree with this. Keane has been good for us at times and was arguably our best player after the re-start.

However I don’t think his strengths and weaknesses fit well with international football - and in particular against mobile strikers with clever movement.

He is also much better when we play deep - gets exposed when we play higher up the pitch.

I can think of worse players to have when you're back against the wall. With an actual functioning midfield, I think we'll see an uptake in form from all our defenders. Let's face it, they've had zero protection last season and only Gana running his bollocks off the other seasons. It has been a gaping hole.

Can we buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.