2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his performances in general have been terrible since we signed him, for two reasons 1) we don't play a style that suits him 2) he's terrible

I’d rather we got someone in who’d be comfortable playing in a high line but in games where we’ll need to sit deep he’s absolutely fine. I imagine he’ll look a bit better with some actual midfielders in front of him too.

I’d rather we got someone in who’d be comfortable playing in a high line but in games where we’ll need to sit deep he’s absolutely fine. I imagine he’ll look a bit better with some actual midfielders in front of him too.

I agree that when we sit back that's when he's most comfortable due to him being a slug, but think it's a myth that he's some sort of amazing 6 yard box defender ( not saying you think he is btw ) I think one of his biggest flaws is how easily he gets bullied, which when sitting deep would be quite a lot.

I know I'll probably be in the minority but along with sigurdsson and Davies he is one of the first people I would be looking to flog.

He's not strong enough mentally to be a club like us.

Gabriel is looking to be going to Arsenal for circa €27mil which is about the same youre rating £25mil Keane at.

There are also plenty of centre backs in France and elsewhere we would be able to snap up for that or less.

As to the relationship he may have developed with Mina and Holgate it doesnt seem to show on the pitch and i havent seen "half a seasons improvement" hes been the exact same player who cant play anywhere but in a deep defence. Also a concern is him playing out from the back as Ancelotti favours.

It smacks to me of rewarding failure. Also very poor DOF decision making if true

Yeah, ok but for £25m you're looking again at someone who will rather go to Arsenal, Chelsea, PSG, Inter, Seville, ... even maybe Spurs - all of whom could be looking for centre backs now.

FFS Barcelona dont seem to be able to get anything over the line. Almost as incompetent as our delegations.

I was listening to a journalist earlier saying how good koeman was for going straight into barca and getting rid of suarez. Great manager were his exact words.
Not sure whos nicking a living more. Koeman or that journalist

I was listening to a journalist earlier saying how good koeman was for going straight into barca and getting rid of suarez. Great manager were his exact words.
Not sure whos nicking a living more. Koeman or that journalist

Yeah. Getting rid of one of their record goalscorers is a masterstroke from Ronk.

He's clearly on a mission from the board to clear house

He is good enough defender, struggles against pace but his aerial ability is second to none. Sometimes I just want defender to defend, I don't think it's fair to criticise a player for playing tactics that don't suit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.