2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
New contract makes sense, he is a solid player, it is protecting his value and it is going to save us money in our books because of how amortization works. We have signed him for £30M on a 5 year contract 3 years ago. That means he is costing us £6M per year, so around £12M is left in our books. If he signs a new 5 year contract, that number goes way down - from £6M per year to £2.4M per year. This is a really important number for FFP purposes, it basically allows us to sign one half of Allan as he is going to sign for £22M for 3 years - that's £7.3M per year.

New contract makes sense, he is a solid player, it is protecting his value and it is going to save us money in our books because of how amortization works. We have signed him for £30M on a 5 year contract 3 years ago. That means he is costing us £6M per year, so around £12M is left in our books. If he signs a new 5 year contract, that number goes way down - from £6M per year to £2.4M per year. This is a really important number for FFP purposes, it basically allows us to sign one half of Allan as he is going to sign for £22M for 3 years - that's £7.3M per year.
Excellent point mate, if you're not short sighted it makes sense.

Quick maths

Is this how it works? Interesting

Weird one is Michael.

When we signed him he’d been nominated for young player of the year by the PFA, and United were rumoured to be interested in re-signing him. Pundits and former managers seemed happy to declare him a top talent and future England regular.

I wonder if the apathy Everton fans seem to have for him is because we’ve been pretty gash for a few years. He may be one of several players currently at the club that could flourish if we start to build towards something more positive,

Of he could just be crap.

Carlo rates him obviously. If he was willing to kind of drop the search for a new CB after only seeing 5 seconds of Branthwaite on the pitch, it says a lot.

he's got his weaknesses but I don't mind him, I like all 4 of our cbs and think we should stick with them unless a genuinely world class option is available
I agree, I would've love Thiago Silva but I'm happy with the options at the back and with a better midfield they'll do better.

Weird one is Michael.

When we signed him he’d been nominated for young player of the year by the PFA, and United were rumoured to be interested in re-signing him. Pundits and former managers seemed happy to declare him a top talent and future England regular.

I wonder if the apathy Everton fans seem to have for him is because we’ve been pretty gash for a few years. He may be one of several players currently at the club that could flourish if we start to build towards something more positive,

Of he could just be crap.
Or those who don't rate him are wrong.

I don’t think that’s how it works is it? The £6m a year is because we’ve effectively pretended we’re paying the transfer fee over the course of 5 years, so the accounts are based on us paying out that £12m in the next two years. The new contract doesn’t change that, we would still have to square up the transfer fee regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.