2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept wondering whats the point of passing the ball around our back line and to Keane. We know he is not comfortable with the ball.

Either he pumps up the ball to nowhere or to sibide all afternoon. Why are our midfielders not asking for the ball?

I kept wondering whats the point of passing the ball around our back line and to Keane. We know he is not comfortable with the ball.

Either he pumps up the ball to nowhere or to sibide all afternoon. Why are our midfielders not asking for the ball?
A few times Carlo was throwing his hands in the air shaking his head when the ball was getting passed back like this, its something he really needs to coach out of them.
I think he can do it, but also think it will be with summer signings

We got lucky that Glen Murray put that chance wide at the end of the game. Keane for some reason challenged for the ball in midfield and then never had the legs to get back. He's 27 and makes the kind of mistakes normally reserved for young up and coming defenders.

We got lucky that Glen Murray put that chance wide at the end of the game. Keane for some reason challenged for the ball in midfield and then never had the legs to get back. He's 27 and makes the kind of mistakes normally reserved for young up and coming defenders.

View attachment 76386
Some beautiful ball watching by every one of those players

Remember how often we did that with Howard? Everyone on the planet knew he hated getting the ball to his feet, but time after time our gormless defenders passed it back to him?

View attachment 76386
Honestly, I look at that and think “why is Keane there”? Then I look at Davies, Delph and Sigg all off to one side NOT trying to tackle the man and wonder if we are blaming the wrong lad?

View attachment 76386
I noticed that on motd he's just rubbish imo very slow to react at times also

Status
Not open for further replies.