2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
and he will HAVE to play the majority of our games as we only have 2 proven senior centre backs

thanks Marcel. great work

its quite obv Keane needs a break and taking out the team .. but no, he has to play
It can't possibly produce worse results to give Holgate a go

and he will HAVE to play the majority of our games as we only have 2 proven senior centre backs

thanks Marcel. great work

its quite obv Keane needs a break and taking out the team .. but no, he has to play

...I think the criticism of Brands is reasonable, and a plausible excuse for Silva.

My take on the CB situation is that Brands had Tomori sorted from Chelsea but the last minute transfer of the other defender to Arsenal scuppered our move. I’m encouraged Brands wanted Tomori and i’m also encouraged he wasn’t held to ransom by Manchester United as the window shut.

players can lose confidence, I can accept that & the lad played through an injury in THAT nightmare season. For me though he is too slow to react, he switches off *which is not good in zonal marking & he is not aggressive enough. By all means he will do a good job for a deep defensive side similar to what he was used to at Burnley. We are badly in need of 2 quality central defenders, Keane for me is not the answer

Premiership players should not have confidence issues at this level. Plus we dont even have a replacement to take him out if it

Get off his back never seen one of our players getting slagged off so much by our own supporters while playing for England, he was no worse than Englands blue eyed boy, Mcguire and the rest of the team.

Get off his back never seen one of our players getting slagged off so much by our own supporters while playing for England, he was no worse than Englands blue eyed boy, Mcguire and the rest of the team.

The saner football writers have said the same. He didnt play well, but all the defence was left horribly exposed.

Just read that Roy Keane outed Henderson and Rice saying they may as well be in the studio with him. Exactly as I posted last night, no protection for the back 4 but Michael Keane gets slated.... Weird.
I made the same point last night. I said that it looked as if there was no midfield in front of the back four to give some protection but Keane was the easy target for most of the media.

During the game the commentators were talking about which other centre half could partner Maguire instead of Keane.... but Maguire was probably worse than Keane.

I hope Stones gets back soon and let him take the barracking from the media.
I accept that although Keane can play international football , he certainly isn't comfortable doing so and I think nights like last night will hurt his confidence just as badly as playing for Everton at the moment.

I made the same point last night. I said that it looked as if there was no midfield in front of the back four to give some protection but Keane was the easy target for most of the media.

During the game the commentators were talking about which other centre half could partner Maguire instead of Keane.... but Maguire was probably worse than Keane.

I hope Stones gets back soon and let him take the barracking from the media.
I accept that although Keane can play international football , he certainly isn't comfortable doing so and I think nights like last night will hurt his confidence just as badly as playing for Everton at the moment.
But a lot of the slagging off of Keane is not from the media its from our own supporters, just look back on this topic and for me that's even worse and doing his confidence no good at all

....i don’t want to kick a lad when he’s down, I say my bit even when he’s doing ok so folk know my view.

Regardless of his lack of quality and physicality, I see a real lack of competitiveness. He can be bullied and he can sulk. He won’t fight back, he doesn’t play with an edge to his game. It’s really important for a defender, it’s vital for a CB.

Somebody mentioned earlier about him being a CB in a team that needs to defend deep, yep we brought him into a team that wants to push up. Steve Walsh didn’t have a transfer strategy, he didn’t buy players to fit a system, he just bought players.

I wouldn’t mind so much if Keane was competitive but he doesn’t play like the game matters. John Hurst didn’t get an England cap, how standards have fallen.
This is it, as a defender you have to be sneaky, a dig in the ribs here and there, stand on a forwards foot as a cross comes in to stop him jumping etc etc. He just doesn’t have the snide to be a top cb.

Status
Not open for further replies.