2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's average AF.

None of the top 6 teams would buy him.

He's a midtable CB at best and that is his limit.

No pace and bullied to easy.

Defends the 18 yard box well (like he did at Burnley), but you always feel there´s a mistake/lapse in concentration in him. He´ll cost England at a major tournament if he plays.

I’ve yet to see anything to change my mind. He’s an appalling footballer.

Used this comparison before; Steve Bruce wasn’t the most mobile either, but he read the game very well, positioned himself in a manner that meant he wouldn’t get exposed for pace too often...the 4-0 massacre that Romário and Stoichkov handed out when Barca hammered United at the Nou Camp was one of those rare exceptions when Bruce was taken to the cleaners, with Keane I see it exposed constantly, and not by the calibre of Romário and co.

A team that sits deep with two banks of four (Burnley) covers up much of Keane’s failings. All he had to do there was get on the end of incoming crosses, or make hoofed clearances upfield. It’s basic, bottom of the table stuff. A team that pushes further up, leaving space in behind, he’s lost. Positionally much more is required, and he falls short. He’s statuesque too...being flat footed means players can cut inside him with ease.

I’ve yet to see anything to change my mind. He’s an appalling footballer.

Used this comparison before; Steve Bruce wasn’t the most mobile either, but he read the game very well, positioned himself in a manner that meant he wouldn’t get exposed for pace too often...the 4-0 massacre that Romário and Stoichkov handed out when Barca hammered United at the Nou Camp was one of those rare exceptions when Bruce was taken to the cleaners, with Keane I see it exposed constantly, and not by the calibre of Romário and co.

A team that sits deep with two banks of four (Burnley) covers up much of Keane’s failings. All he had to do there was get on the end of incoming crosses, or make hoofed clearances upfield. It’s basic, bottom of the table stuff. A team that pushes further up, leaving space in behind, he’s lost. Positionally much more is required, and he falls short. He’s statuesque too...being flat footed means players can cut inside him with ease.

Absolutely gutted about him today.

I was hoping he would continue to fly under the radar till jan when we can hope to finally get United to come in to pair him with Maguire.

Words failed me today...

God help us v the top 6 sides.

Silva a v lucky man we have a handful of points on the table.

Again with the we, fooling no one

Poor performance from Keane coming off the back of that bad back pass in midweek for England, no escaping that, was as bad as any performance under Koeman but doesn’t have the excuse of a persistent foot injury

One of the worst defenders I've seen in an Everton shirt in my lifetime, how the frig did Walsh and Koeman think he was the answer at the back, 30m, I wouldn't give you 5 for him.

Can't handle movement, can't handle power, has a bonce like a 50 p and a clubfoot to boot

Also looks a bit like sinaed oconor when she shaved her head

Still can’t get my head round people making out like he’s usually great and it’s a rare lapse when he has a nightmare. He’s had about half a dozen games better than a 7/10 since he joined, and about 25 5/10 or less.
He isn’t a top half premier league standard player it’s really simple. Such a poor player it doesn't even register with me anymore when we play an inferior team with pace. Liability on the turn slow as a snail

I’ve had my doubts about Keane from the off, however, after his appalling injuries and the handicap of having tubby Ashley as his partner I thought it best to give him the benefit of the doubt.
My conclusion, after last season and this season so far is that he is ok, no more or less than that. He will never be good enough for the level we aspire to, because, he is very poor positionally and turns like a tugboat when he is caught out of position. He is reasonably good on the ball, can deliver a good pass but is too easily turned by a clever centre forward.
All in all, he is ok but not good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.