2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, there is a championship player better than him. When the teams set up deep hes a good player, but we play a high line, his turning and positioning isnt good enough for our style.

He'd probably be great playing in a low block defense. Too bad we never play that way. What logic did Walsh use to buy him?

Did you watch the game yesterday and see how bad Mina played? Holgate and Mina? Behave
You realize Mina probably had the best passing game a CB has maybe had for us in a decade? He hardly played bad. Criticize him for not getting back after winning a header, but goal 3 to me is more on Keane.

I’ve yet to see anything to change my mind. He’s an appalling footballer.

Used this comparison before; Steve Bruce wasn’t the most mobile either, but he read the game very well, positioned himself in a manner that meant he wouldn’t get exposed for pace too often...the 4-0 massacre that Romário and Stoichkov handed out when Barca hammered United at the Nou Camp was one of those rare exceptions when Bruce was taken to the cleaners, with Keane I see it exposed constantly, and not by the calibre of Romário and co.

A team that sits deep with two banks of four (Burnley) covers up much of Keane’s failings. All he had to do there was get on the end of incoming crosses, or make hoofed clearances upfield. It’s basic, bottom of the table stuff. A team that pushes further up, leaving space in behind, he’s lost. Positionally much more is required, and he falls short. He’s statuesque too...being flat footed means players can cut inside him with ease.

Bruce had Pallister next to him, who was absolutely rapid, despite looking like a pissed up darts player from Slough.

Status
Not open for further replies.