2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a confidence player, he was a weak link today. Abraham outmuscled him a couple of times the smaller man Holgate bullied Abraham. There was a moment in the 2nd half when he had a simple pass to play to Sidibe to set him down the wing but he passed back to Holgate. His confidence is shot presently. If he was in a winning team I’m sure you would see a much better player like we did last season.

I remember watching him at Chelsea last season during the 0-0 draw there. He was apparently in the middle of a “purple patch” when loads on here were saying how well he was playing. I commented then, after seeing him twice needlessly putting the ball into touch with misplaced passes, that he’s a mistake or two away from plunging into the depths of his performances the previous season.
To his credit, he was reasonable last season. But this year, after a poor start, he’s ( amazingly) been picked by England, during which he’s performed poorly, and now, has indeed, plunged back into the depths of the season before last.He is clearly a confidence player, but at the moment, he’s running on empty in that department.
If I were a tactician ( and I’m certainly not) , the first thing I’d say is punt the the ball upfield over the top. Keane is incredibly vulnerable when that is done. He has no pace in turning, and rarely have I seen a centre half with so little upper body strength. He is knocked off the ball so easily it’s alarming.
On a positive note, and to his credit, he recovered from a ghastly first half yesterday, but I could name a dozen centre backs in the premier league who are far better players than him.
The January transfer market is on the horizon and surely, we have to invest heavily in a new centre back, a dynamic midfielder and of course, some more firepower up front.

I remember watching him at Chelsea last season during the 0-0 draw there. He was apparently in the middle of a “purple patch” when loads on here were saying how well he was playing. I commented then, after seeing him twice needlessly putting the ball into touch with misplaced passes, that he’s a mistake or two away from plunging into the depths of his performances the previous season.
To his credit, he was reasonable last season. But this year, after a poor start, he’s ( amazingly) been picked by England, during which he’s performed poorly, and now, has indeed, plunged back into the depths of the season before last.He is clearly a confidence player, but at the moment, he’s running on empty in that department.
If I were a tactician ( and I’m certainly not) , the first thing I’d say is punt the the ball upfield over the top. Keane is incredibly vulnerable when that is done. He has no pace in turning, and rarely have I seen a centre half with so little upper body strength. He is knocked off the ball so easily it’s alarming.
On a positive note, and to his credit, he recovered from a ghastly first half yesterday, but I could name a dozen centre backs in the premier league who are far better players than him.
The January transfer market is on the horizon and surely, we have to invest heavily in a new centre back, a dynamic midfielder and of course, some more firepower up front.

He played at burnley the year they had a lot of 1-0 wins. He had the burnley midfield camped in front of him who offered him a lot of protection and he hardly got turned as they were on the edge of their own box so often.
Classic Everton signing. A lot of money with little thought gone into it.

New Manager Chris Wilder: OK GUYS! See we are going to do things a bit different there. Hey you CBs, I want you both rampaging down the channels when we are in attack.

1st game

Wilder: who's that lazy bleep jogging down the flanks???

Assistant manager Dunc: oh that's Michael Keane and gaffer he's in a full sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.