2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane is a solid premier league centre back, like Jags. Like Jags, doesn't look like he'll ever be a great international player.
Its not ability, but confidence and stature to dominate in an international dressing room

Keane is a solid premier league centre back, like Jags. Like Jags, doesn't look like he'll ever be a great international player.
Its not ability, but confidence and stature to dominate in an international dressing room
I think it is ability. It's summed up in the words you used I think, Jagielka and Keane were/are 'solid' PL players. They're above average (I'd say Jagielka was at the very top of the above average bracket, Keane a bit lower) but they're not 'great' PL players. Because they're not great PL players, they're not great international players either. Keane will be fine for England in the main, but he'll get found out against good sides - he certainly won't be alone in that - just like he can do for us.

you want people to praise him for winning a header? because that's literally all he did for that assist

Surely that is enough, how many touches should a player have to make an assist?

On another note, yes Keane does need to pay attention to errors to eradicate that aspect of poor judgement. What other errors did he make? As regards the Kosovo game a pundit in the Mail today IMO quite rightly laid the blame at Barkley. He was in the open, unmarked yet passes back!!!!!!!!!!, it would have been easier to turn and get an attack going with a forward pass so also quite rightly Barkley should look at his errors.

A little statistic of the game the most forward passes made were Maguire 34 and Keane 29, yes Keane so much of his criticism is unjustified IMO.

On another note, yes Keane does need to pay attention to errors to eradicate that aspect of poor judgement. What other errors did he make? As regards the Kosovo game a pundit in the Mail today IMO quite rightly laid the blame at Barkley. He was in the open, unmarked yet passes back!!!!!!!!!!, it would have been easier to turn and get an attack going with a forward pass so also quite rightly Barkley should look at his errors.

A little statistic of the game the most forward passes made were Maguire 34 and Keane 29, yes Keane so much of his criticism is unjustified IMO.
Unless he plays keepy-uppy and then bicycle overhead kicks it to someone - it doesn't count and he's not good enough.

enough? he's about 6 foot 4 lad, he won a header that led to a goal, he deserves absolutely no credit for that "assist" he should be winning headers at his height

secondly I don't disagree barkley shouldn't have passed back, but it's still keanes awful pass that put the Kosovo lad in

who cares about forward passes from a defender, England scored nearly all ( if not all ) theirs goals from counter attacking anyway.

you need to be able to accept criticism for keane when its deserved, he won't have done himself any favours with that performance for the next international break

enough? he's about 6 foot 4 lad, he won a header that led to a goal, he deserves absolutely no credit for that "assist" he should be winning headers at his height

secondly I don't disagree barkley shouldn't have passed back, but it's still keanes awful pass that put the Kosovo lad in

who cares about forward passes from a defender, England scored nearly all ( if not all ) theirs goals from counter attacking anyway.

you need to be able to accept criticism for keane when its deserved, he won't have done himself any favours with that performance for the next international break

Well friend, beg to differ, Barkley put Keane in an awkward situation, forward bearing down on and yes should have hoofed the ball forward ( I did say that in a previous post) but what other errors did he make? As for his assist, who else was there coming in to head the ball, if he had not then no equaliser.

Well friend, beg to differ, Barkley put Keane in an awkward situation, forward bearing down on and yes should have hoofed the ball forward ( I did say that in a previous post) but what other errors did he make? As for his assist, who else was there coming in to head the ball, if he had not then no equaliser.

they are both to blame, but more so keane, barkleys pass found and England player, keanes didn't. it's that simple

I will not give someone credit for winning a header like that, it just bounced off his head, he does it 3 times a game for us and it sails into the street end with his 50p head

Quick little pointless strawpoll, rate these CB pairings in order :

VVD/Gomez
Laporte/Stones
Toby/Jan
Mina/Keane
Christensen/Rudiger
Maguire/Lindelof
Luiz/Sokratis

Thats my order.

Probably.

I should have put the Spurs lads 2nd as well thinking about it.

yer spurs have 3 top CB's

united and us are pretty close as well

I'd have Maguire over keane ( although I don't think either of them are brilliant )

Mina I think is top class but has hardly played a big run of games and lindelof actually improved a lot last year

we have a better defence than arsenal though, that's a dead cert

yer spurs have 3 top CB's

united and us are pretty close as well

I'd have Maguire over keane ( although I don't think either of them are brilliant )

Mina I think is top class but has hardly played a big run of games and lindelof actually improved a lot last year

we have a better defence than arsenal though, that's a dead cert

Doh, yeah I forgot about Sanchez at Spurs, so they are defo 2nd.

they are both to blame, but more so keane, barkleys pass found and England player, keanes didn't. it's that simple

I will not give someone credit for winning a header like that, it just bounced off his head, he does it 3 times a game for us and it sails into the street end with his 50p head

Disagree, Barkley more so he had attacking options.If you are a cm then you should be looking to get attacks going. Notice you have not pointed out more Keane errors. Give him a break ffs.

As for Barkley, he got well with us from his injury but as soon as well beat to London and we got sod all in transfer fee, the rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.