2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not saying replace him with Nesta tho.

You are saying replace him with some fella kept out of the Brazil squad by David Luiz.

Gabriel has come through this last season and would have been similar to DCL/Holgate in that he was touted for a full call up before COVID.

I actually wonder if a deal has already been agreed and were /theyre just waiting for something.

All these messages between Richarlison and Gabriel are surely a signal.

As for Keane. It makes no sense to me why after 3 years people (you included) seem to think that he's someone who for a high salary and a £25-30mil fee is better staying than being recycled for a different player who could push us higher up the league.

Michael Keane wont be taking us to top 6.

Gabriel has come through this last season and would have been similar to DCL/Holgate in that he was touted for a full call up before COVID.

I actually wonder if a deal has already been agreed and were /theyre just waiting for something.

As for Keane. It makes no sense to me why after 3 years people (you included) seem to think that he's someone who for a high salary and a £25-30mil fee is better staying than being recycled for a different player who could push us higher up the league.

I remember saying at the time, and little I have seen to shift my views. I think we had a deal agreed. Covid happened, we paused and ultimately tried to renegotiate, Lille are saying no so we are at an impasse. Keane's form has probably complicated things further.

Ive no issue with selling any player within the squad.

The danger is you replace a "proven" Premier League player with some garbo from AVEC LA SPL.

You know a lot of footballers get people to run their social media for them right?

The amount of times people on here have jizzed over benign social media stuff and absolutely none of it has come to fruition is actually hilarious. Personally, I’m still waiting on us to sign Reiner Jesus after he followed our club page and all our playerson Instagram.

You know a lot of footballers get people to run their social media for them right?

The amount of times people on here have jizzed over benign social media stuff and absolutely none of it has come to fruition is actually hilarious. Personally, I’m still waiting on us to sign Reiner Jesus after he followed our club page and all our playerson Instagram.

If you feel that Richarlison and Gabriel have media teams flirting with one another on social media then thats your choice.

I personally choose to believe that two Brazilians of similar 22/23 age are in touch.

As good as he's been lately I don't see it lasting and his weaknesses don't give us much flexibility in how we set up. Nice backup player to have but I really don't think he's the ideal partner for Holgate.

He's taken huge leap forward re: his poise and assertiveness. I have stopped feeling like he's a disaster waiting to happen. He's an asset, the way he's plaing now. I felt confident when SHU were pumping crosses in that he would see the game out.

yes he'd be exposed if we weren't sitting deeper. But give him his due. He is developing into an outstanding defender in the air, right?

2 goals also. Figure him for a couple a year off headers. Decent.

All ok with me.

Way we set up fits him, defensive minded, so can just head out and hoof wide.

when we change and play out more, he will struggle like he always has done.

mina is the one who plays like that well in the ball, passing is superb.

always a place for keane and that type of defender though.

Ive no issue with selling any player within the squad.

The danger is you replace a "proven" Premier League player with some garbo from AVEC LA SPL.

The only thing Keane has proven to me is that he has the turning circle of a Cunard Cruise liner and the acceleration of the Eurasian tectonic plate.

But how does he tackle and deal with aerial balls mate?

When you have to accommodate the whole structure of your team to play a deep defensive line so he doesn’t get turned inside out does it really matter?

And to answer your question though... adequately. We’ve been pretty poor since the restart. He’s been our best player.

Take from that what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.