2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt the change in defensive positioning has suited him and he’s really stepped up you could speculate whether the lack of crowd might even help him on occasions as well because a large percentage of goodison had audibly lost faith with him .

ultimately he’s stepped up his performances and you can’t ask for a lot more than that , whether he’s ultimately good enough is probably another matter but credit where it’s due .

Ancelotti has somewhat saved his career after Silva had ruined him thinking he would play a highline. He will get back in the England team with this form. If we set up to sit deep and counter attack deffo worth keeping.

....not sure if you noticed him getting turned near the half-way line late in the 2nd half against Villa. I think it was their big substitute who literally left him in 2 yards of no-man’s land. It was so funny.

There’s no doubt he’s playing very well, I thought he was excellent last night. Indeed, i doubt any CH in the club could’ve dealt with those crosses more effectively than him. We have seen his failings, however, and often it’s best to move a player on when his stock is at its highest.
I feel as a club we don’t do this well

He's good up against grockier forwards but always struggles against quicker, more skilled strikers whom run off him. It's a limitation, but what he does he tends to do well. He's been much improved during the second half of this season.

....not sure if you noticed him getting turned near the half-way line late in the 2nd half against Villa. I think it was their big substitute who literally left him in 2 yards of no-man’s land. It was so funny.

There’s no doubt he’s playing very well, I thought he was excellent last night. Indeed, i doubt any CH in the club could’ve dealt with those crosses more effectively than him. We have seen his failings, however, and often it’s best to move a player on when his stock is at its highest.

If weve paid £25mil rising to £30mil then it seems like £10mil is the book value breakeven.

I think we'd be able to get £20-25mil for him as long as we play deep vs bournemouth and potential buyers forget his usual game lol

If weve paid £25mil rising to £30mil then it seems like £10mil is the book value breakeven.

I think we'd be able to get £20-25mil for him as long as we play deep vs bournemouth and potential buyers forget his usual game lol

Baffles me that you want to sell a proven Premier League player and replace him with some crapper like Mina.

Not only that but you want to give him away for less than his value.

I thank Jesus hourly that nobody important will ever take notice of what you type.

Add to this, there is no way Ancelotti is going to set his team up like Burnley every week just to suit big Mick Kegger.

Bloody hell if this is his peak! lollol
We’re not selling for £10m. He’s worth more to us even as a squad player than that.
At times he had been quite good, but he has limitations and does suffer dips, but he is definitely worth a lot more than £10m.
That’s all I’m saying.

We’re not selling for £10m. He’s worth more to us even as a squad player than that.
At times he had been quite good, but he has limitations and does suffer dips, but he is definitely worth a lot more than £10m.
That’s all I’m saying.
I'm still advocating selling him because
1. He's injured way too often
2. He's not much better than Keane
3. I think we'd easier find a buyer for him
4. I want a new centre half who can walk into the side

I'm still advocating selling him because
1. He's injured way too often
2. He's not much better than Keane
3. I think we'd easier find a buyer for him
4. I want a new centre half who can walk into the side
I don’t mind selling him if we have a better option, we should, I just think he’s worth a lot more than£10m.

Baffles me that you want to sell a proven Premier League player and replace him with some crapper like Mina.

Not only that but you want to give him away for less than his value.

I thank Jesus hourly that nobody important will ever take notice of what you type.

....I’d imagine both Keane and Mina are sellable assets, especially given Mina’s injury record. I think we could bring in better but the problem is selling either/both.

For all we know, with his contract-end on the horizon Keane might want to let his deal run down and leave on a lucrative Bosman. I’m always wary of players whose form picks up when contracts are up for renewal.

....I’d imagine both Keane and Mina are sellable assets, especially given Mina’s injury record. I think we could bring in better but the problem is selling either/both.

For all we know, with his contract-end on the horizon Keane might want to let his deal run down and leave on a lucrative Bosman. I’m always wary of players whose form picks up when contracts are up for renewal.

You and Zat both allow your agenda to cloud things with Keane.

You don't like him and nothing he will do will change that.

I can see why, when he's bad, he's very, very bad, but this isn't his first upturn in form, he's done it before.

Im totally all for selling Mina, I think like Keane he's capable of looking very good and very bad, but unlike Keane he's very injury prone and cant be relied upon.

I think Carlo likes him and it can only help when he's getting coached by 1 of the worlds best managers.

But he will probably either be sold or sign a new contract this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.