2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you'd've asked me ~6 months ago if we should sell Keane in the summer I would have said 100% yes but between his improvement and the emergence of Holgate and Branthwaite - Keane is now the most senior, experienced CB we have and the two young CBs look comfortable beside him. I'd keep.

If you'd've asked me ~6 months ago if we should sell Keane in the summer I would have said 100% yes but between his improvement and the emergence of Holgate and Branthwaite - Keane is now the most senior, experienced CB we have and the two young CBs look comfortable beside him. I'd keep.

I think your spot on mate.

The problems we will encounter though if is we want to push up just 20 yards further and play a higher line...... He's absolutely useless as he just hadn't got that instant turn of pace/mobility required.

He's been our most improved player by far imo since lockdown, but I'd like us to be higher up the pitch, press higher up and I'm not sure that would suit his game.

Been brilliant though since restart and I mentioned tonight it was great to hear him being vocal and being organised in certain situations.

Don´t trust him at all. There´s been other extended periods of decent form followed by spells that have cost the team massively. He´ll stick around because we have bigger issues but wouldn´t be surprised if he´s found wanting new season.

I'd 100% sell one one of our current centre backs. The one I would see as the easiest to sell would be Mina, and he'd definitely be my choice to go. I want us to bring in an experienced centre back and have Holgate and Keane challenge to partner him. Branthwaite is very young and will hopefully be in and around the squad, but it's also not bad if he's loaned out. Get Mina out as he's far too injury-prone and not that good anyway. I think we could get around 10 million for him.

I'd 100% sell one one of our current centre backs. The one I would see as the easiest to sell would be Mina, and he'd definitely be my choice to go. I want us to bring in an experienced centre back and have Holgate and Keane challenge to partner him. Branthwaite is very young and will hopefully be in and around the squad, but it's also not bad if he's loaned out. Get Mina out as he's far too injury-prone and not that good anyway. I think we could get around 10 million for him.

You are quite insane if you think we would take 10m.

Hopefully his recent performances have generated interest in him.
No coincidence he looks better against sides that throw the ball in the box. Unfortunately the better sides dont tend to play that way and he still struggles when pulled out by forwards who make decent runs.
im hoping a club with a deep defence has been scouting him and throws £20mil+ on the table.

If we ever want to play a high line with this chap on the pitch we are doomed.

Agree, he’s a player I’d sell if we could get a good offer. He’s good in a deep defensive system but he just doesn’t have the qualities needed to let us play higher up the pitch.

If a good offer over 20m comes up, I would still sell.

Has been good since restart but limited if we want to progress as a team, too expensive as a third option

We paid £25m with add ons rising to £30m.
He’s 27 and playing at his peak. We’re not selling for £10.

im hoping a club with a deep defence has been scouting him and throws £20mil+ on the table.

If we ever want to play a high line with this chap on the pitch we are doomed.

....not sure if you noticed him getting turned near the half-way line late in the 2nd half against Villa. I think it was their big substitute who literally left him in 2 yards of no-man’s land. It was so funny.

There’s no doubt he’s playing very well, I thought he was excellent last night. Indeed, i doubt any CH in the club could’ve dealt with those crosses more effectively than him. We have seen his failings, however, and often it’s best to move a player on when his stock is at its highest.

In the right setup, he’s as good as anyone. Will mop up crosses into the box all day long and provide important blocks in the box.

Should never be playing anywhere near the halfway line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.