2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact he has just 2 years left on his deal gives the club a dilemma- do they offer him a new deal or face losing him on the cheap next season with a year left on his deal?

For me we either sell him this summer or give him a new contract.

Anyone can stand there like a tree trunk in a low block Dyce style. Could get some clean sheets myself doing that.

Did OK tonight. He may just be able to do a job when required in a rigid system. It's safety first generally but it suits his game. I actually think Carlo rates him.

I won't say this in the Holgate thread as I don't want to be a downer but playing like that is pretty straightforward for the CBs and he handled it well enough. The far bigger test is when we try to pressure sides and they have space to cover and less than 6 guys back helping them out at all moments. That applies to both CBs.

Last edited:
....when he’s tactically protected he’s less exposed and he copes ok. Mane skipped past him once but he upended him and there was plenty of cover anyway.

Thought Holgate defended well alongside, especially one last ditch block in the first half. He plays for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.