2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember Rom destroying him when he was with burnley in a home game a couple of seasons back. Made him look a carthorse. Fast forward a year and we spend 30m on him. go figure.

hes only spent 1 season in the prem with burnley and we lost 2-1 away and won 3-1 at home i think, dont remember him being too bad either. if we didnt buy anyone lukaku had scored against we wouldnt have bought pickford for example. he scored like 24 that season

it was April 2017 and we beat them 3-1 in GP. Rom scored a late one into the Gladys street end. Keane got too close, couldn't turn and he went by him like he wasn't there. Rom was on fire at that time, yes, but he didn't half make keane look a dummy. And it must have been only 3 months late we signed him.

it was April 2017 and we beat them 3-1 in GP. Rom scored a late one into the Gladys street end. Keane got too close, couldn't turn and he went by him like he wasn't there. Rom was on fire at that time, yes, but he didn't half make keane look a dummy. And it must have been only 3 months late we signed him.
I remember absolutely loving that goal at the time, Rom bullied him and made him look a right tit. Then as you say, 3 months later the tit is ours and Rom is gone. But ok, that’s football.

Hope Keane comes good because I remember us all being quite impressed after about 3 games with the start he made but from after the city game where we kept trying to play Rooney and Sigurdson together and he had less support he got worse and worse and it got a bit embarrassing for him imo
Clean slate as many have said but he won’t have long before he starts getting hammered again if he doesn’t make a good start

Just remember Rom destroying him when he was with burnley in a home game a couple of seasons back. Made him look a carthorse. Fast forward a year and we spend 30m on him. go figure.
What age was Keane then ? , 22 or maybe 23... he is still only 25. Lukaku was a big strong aggressive centre forward playing against a young and at the time relatively inexperienced centre half. Lord help Holgate this season and all the other young players if we cannot allow them to make errors or be bullied by more experienced players now and then.

Stressing out at the thought of him being one of our main centre backs in a system that plays high up the pitch and opens the game up.

Seriously stressing about this, but you have to give him the chance.

But he's a bit of a pie, isn't he.

He out preformed both Keane and Stones last season in the Prem i don't think anyone can argue the price Leicester paid it would've been a good deal

A lot of people have very unrealistic expectations on here when it comes to transfers generally if they're not world class or worth 50 million nobody is satisfied personally best option at this moment in time is Lascelles due to his leadership qualities only problem is he's right footed
Did he outperform those guys? Leicester gave up more goals than we did, keep in mind. And I’ve already been told that Schmeichel is a good keeper, so it couldn’t be him.

He out preformed both Keane and Stones last season in the Prem i don't think anyone can argue the price Leicester paid it would've been a good deal

A lot of people have very unrealistic expectations on here when it comes to transfers generally if they're not world class or worth 50 million nobody is satisfied personally best option at this moment in time is Lascelles due to his leadership qualities only problem is he's right footed

Im a big fan of the boy Jamaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.