2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays for the most unpopular club in the league.
Completely baffled by the decision to not start him in the last game, and now Gomez who hasn't played in years is in here! I get it's not an important game, but surely you play your best players... like he seems to have in all other positions.

That said, Alli, Dier, Lingard. Haha - never getting anywhere with those three wastes of space in there.

Completely baffled by the decision to not start him in the last game, and now Gomez who hasn't played in years is in here! I get it's not an important game, but surely you play your best players... like he seems to have in all other positions.

That said, Alli, Dier, Lingard. Haha - never getting anywhere with those three wastes of space in there.

Southgate has put aside all of the promising traits that made his World Cup campaign a success. 352, picking a mix of players from different clubs, picking on form and fitness etc.

He’s just reverted to what all England managers of the past have done. 442 and 433, picking from a certain number of clubs regardless of form or fitness, throwing debuts out to whatever young player has a few weeks of decent form in the prem. he’ll go exactly the same way as Hodgson and Capello. We don’t have the midfielders to play 2 in midfield at international level. Hence why his 352 was so effective as it made up for that.

....if you play your best players then Gomez is certainly ahead of Keane in the queue (in my opinion). Looks very good to me does Gomez.

Surprised he hasnt started him lik
But southgate is a bad punter. Remember him saying when he took over about picking players on form not who they play for

Started with dier Gomez and delph who have literally not played for 6 months ( dier is also a truly woeful footballer )

Southgate has put aside all of the promising traits that made his World Cup campaign a success. 352, picking a mix of players from different clubs, picking on form and fitness etc.

He’s just reverted to what all England managers of the past have done. 442 and 433, picking from a certain number of clubs regardless of form or fitness, throwing debuts out to whatever young player has a few weeks of decent form in the prem. he’ll go exactly the same way as Hodgson and Capello. We don’t have the midfielders to play 2 in midfield at international level. Hence why his 352 was so effective as it made up for that.
I’ve suspected for a long time that there’s pressure on the England managers to pick certain teams from the FA and the higher ups of the national team.

Tin foil hat stuff for for sure, but it would explain why some managers have picked weaker teams (based on form/appearances)

Lingard, Dier and Delph have no business being near that starting line-up based on last season.

Problem with Keane is you never know what you're going to get with him.

He started to look good with Zouma towards the seasons end but he's had a very mixed 18 months lets be honest.

Either way stuff the internationals lets keep our lads fit and out the circus.
Keane no doubt has improved,(but then he couldn't have got much worse).As it stands he's a good CB for any team in the top half but outside the top six.Really depends if that's where we want to be or if the club show more ambition.

Problem with Keane is you never know what you're going to get with him.

He started to look good with Zouma towards the seasons end but he's had a very mixed 18 months lets be honest.

Either way stuff the internationals lets keep our lads fit and out the circus.
I feel quite neutral towards him now, after previously reaching a point where I thought he was Championship-level.

Still not sure what to expect from him next season, especially if Zouma's aggression and recovery pace aren't present.

Personally I don’t think England have any centrehalves that are better then “good”. I’d even narrow that down to “good on their day”. Whether it’s Keane, Maguire or even Stones they’ll either have a solid game without being outstanding or pull an absolute calamity out of nowhere and look worried for the rest of the game. I can’t comment on Gomez because I haven’t seen enough of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.