2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You two are off your heads Keane was our best defender by absolute miles last season. There's a reason why he was the main stay of the two cb spots. It took a bit of time to sort out he new system but he looked quality when he was up and running.
I think people are also forgetting that first season he had Williams, jags as partners, both finished or a youngster in holgate. Add in martina at left back and another youngster at right back in Kenny. Is it any wonder the defence that season was a [Poor language removed] show.

Last season we had the 4th best defence, obviously it’s the added quality and stable partnerships, Keane had very good season and was one of the main reasons for the improvements.

You two are off your heads Keane was our best defender by absolute miles last season. There's a reason why he was the main stay of the two cb spots. It took a bit of time to sort out he new system but he looked quality when he was up and running.
Well Digne’s a defender and he absolutely DEFINITELY wasn’t better than him, so I think we can just mark your post down as nonsense can’t we?

I didn’t say he was terrible or anything, overall he was alright and I’m perfectly happy for him to stay in the side for now. He ended the season very well as I said. Go back and watch some of the games around Christmas - Watford, spurs and Leicester spring to mind immediately - and see who you think is off their head.

What you mean like when Liverpool came to Goodison needing to win to be champions and Keane took the pressure in his stride tackling Salah knowing full well what happens if he gets it wrong?
A centre half tackled somebody who was about to shoot? My god the man must have ice in his veins. Can we nominate him for a Victoria cross?

Some players hit the ground running but Keane didn't. He was written off by many coming into his 2nd season but slowly won them over with strong displays. He is a good player now he is settled and has a manager to help him along and keep him on his toes. He has won me over.

Don’t really see much difference in Keane and Slab head pretty sure we had a better defensive record then the foxes and he’s suddenly worth 80 mil

Have to say, I have done a 180 on Keggers, I actually think he's pretty solid defender. His confidence went that first season as the whole teams did, he's pulled it around. Also seems a decent bloke.

Well Digne’s a defender and he absolutely DEFINITELY wasn’t better than him, so I think we can just mark your post down as nonsense can’t we?

I didn’t say he was terrible or anything, overall he was alright and I’m perfectly happy for him to stay in the side for now. He ended the season very well as I said. Go back and watch some of the games around Christmas - Watford, spurs and Leicester spring to mind immediately - and see who you think is off their head.

Digne is a attacking full back and utilized as a attacking threat. There for he's more of a attacker then a defender even though he plays in a defensive position he's not really a defender. By all means if you want to check the defensive stats between them to see which "defender" main word being "defender" as in to defend then we can see who had a better season.

So no we can't put my post down as nonsense but we can put you down as knowing sod all about togger.

Status
Not open for further replies.