2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you dont need them, if your Chelsea or City and have an 18 man first team squad.

Yes DCL and JJK are old enough next season. It was only 1 factor. I recall us all being made up getting 50m for Stones and saying we could easily replace him.

I dunno, just dont think its as easy as take the money. Doubt we will get 50m bids either.

Wouldnt compare Keane to Stones...

Also im quite confident brands would reinvest tremendously well...

Its crazy to think there is an even a debate about turning down 50 million for Keane, he has been a lot more solid this season with the occasional howler thrown in just to remind us of last season, but if we do get offered that kind of money then we have to sell surely. More than adequate replacements can be found well within that budget. Even Holgate isn't a massive downgrade tbf.

Oh mate, all injuries can have an effect on confidence, but you don’t have to call all injuries awful. He cut his foot, it wasn’t an awful injury.

Probs been said, but when he was injured (under Koeman) they kept injecting him and playing him, because he was a big money signing and Koeman "had to play him". The only decent thing I can say about Allardyce was that he stopped playing Keane and got his injury seen to. According to Keane's people (sic) he was getting depressed because he knew he was playing really badly (under Koeman) and the crowd were getting at him, but no-one was telling them that he was carrying an injury.

I know, diddums, he has to get over it, but he is now becoming the player he was at Burnley.

If we genuinely only see the lad as backup and someone comes in with a serious offer, we'd be stupid not to sell him really.
It all rests with where Brands and Silva see him.He has improved over the last couple of months in general,but I still see the last international when the one time their forward line made a run directly at him and he appeared to lose his position and that of the runner as a concern.

It surprises me this is getting so much traction given the two clubs linked with him.

Arsenal do not have 50m to spend on a defender. Plus their record signing is Ozil. Fans will expect better than Michael Keane as their record purchase.

Spurs record signing is Davinson Sanchez for 42m. Again, they aren't going to spend 50m on Michael Keane.

It surprises me this is getting so much traction given the two clubs linked with him.

Arsenal do not have 50m to spend on a defender. Plus their record signing is Ozil. Fans will expect better than Michael Keane as their record purchase.

Spurs record signing is Davinson Sanchez for 42m. Again, they aren't going to spend 50m on Michael Keane.

Why don’t Arsenal have 50m to spend on a defender? Up front they’re well stacked, midfield not too bad but defence is where they need to spend. Please share what you know.

I would actually say they probably do need to spend that or even more. The last few defenders they have bought have all been proper rubbish and they actually have one of the worst defences in the league, any new defenders they buy need to be top quality otherwise the fans will go mad.

Look 50m is not nearly enough for a goal scoring England international.
If we sell him for any price were wasting our time with Brands and Moshiri, are we really still selling our best players and then having to replace, while we have areas with no one to cover.
They can have Mina, but doubt they would want him.

Look 50m is not nearly enough for a goal scoring England international.
If we sell him for any price were wasting our time with Brands and Moshiri, are we really still selling our best players and then having to replace, while we have areas with no one to cover.
They can have Mina, but doubt they would want him.

what hahahahahahaa

a goal scoring England international? he scored once against bin men hahahahahahhahaha

Why don’t Arsenal have 50m to spend on a defender? Up front they’re well stacked, midfield not too bad but defence is where they need to spend. Please share what you know.
Hi mate

It was widely reported earlier in the year that should Arsenal not get into the CL, and it's by no means a guarantee at this point, Emery would have £40m all in:

In addition, I have just realised their record signing is Aubamayang at 56m. Again, if they are going to spend 50m on a defender, it'll be someone with far more experience and quality than Michael because it will mean they can attract CL players from being in the competition themselves.

Let me pose a question to you, do you honestly believe they will want to buy Michael Keane for 50m? Genuinely?

Three different managers (one who is still employed by the club) picked him during this period. The club doctor who didn’t intervene is also still employed by the club. And yet Keane seems perfectly content to stay here. So yeah I think it was just a cut, would you be happy to carry on entrusting your safety to people who had done what he suggests we did to him? I know I wouldn’t.

There seems to be a huge amount of hyperbole in the later reports of the injury to me. ‘The inside of my boot was covered in blood’; well it will be won’t it?! That’s what happens when you cut yourself and don’t treat it. It’s made to sound shocking when it’s actually exactly what you’d expect. ‘He nearly lost his leg’ in the same way that my mate nearly had my eye out with a pool cue; in that he didn’t even touch my eye but he wasn’t that far away and if he had I’d have lost it.

I think having such swelling that he had to wear a size 12 boot instead of a 10 is fairly indicative of what state he was in. Also, the three different managers were also desperately fighting for their jobs and so thinking only of the very short term.

You see managers rush players back all the time and re-injure them in the process or burn them out for their own selfish needs. This is part of football and managers do it at every level, which Keane knows is the case.

In terms of the club doctor, Mourinho's tantrum at Eva that time, and subsequent firing of her for tending to a player's injury, is indicative of how much power they really have to "put a stop" to anything like that. Remember the Baines double free kick game away to West Ham for example - Lukaku scores the winner and gets knocked out in the process. He eventually came to several minutes later and with no subs left was forced to play the last ten minutes or so visibly concussed, clutching his head and completely out of it.

As for the "cut on his foot", James Vaughan had a fairly similar injury which expedited his decline, so even that cannot just be written off as equivalent to you stepping on a nail at the building site and being able to walk on it a couple days later.

Players have to be operating at their physical peak in the premier league, otherwise Vardy et al will breeze right past them, especially someone like Keane who isn't the fastest to begin with, so will be (and was) hideously exposed if he loses half a yard or more with an injury like he had.

I don't understand why you're so convinced that Keane was lying / exaggerating about that injury and that really he was physically fine and just a coward or some such? People suffer injuries and it affects their performances. Nobody is saying he's world class and error-free now. If you don't rate him then fine, but to sit their and accuse him of being weak and lying is out of order.

Hi mate

It was widely reported earlier in the year that should Arsenal not get into the CL, and it's by no means a guarantee at this point, Emery would have £40m all in:

View attachment 56451
View attachment 56452

In addition, I have just realised their record signing is Aubamayang at 56m. Again, if they are going to spend 50m on a defender, it'll be someone with far more experience and quality than Michael because it will mean they can attract CL players from being in the competition themselves.

Let me pose a question to you, do you honestly believe they will want to buy Michael Keane for 50m? Genuinely?

40m if they DONT finish top4. And if they do? Which looks a pretty good bet given their fixtures. Do I believe they’d pay 50 for Keane? I don’t know anymore with transfer fees, but if they want him............... You seem to be giving far too much weight to clubs records transfer fees, it has no relevance whatsoever, the way transfer fees have spiralled in the last year or 2, clubs are paying way over the odds. Also he’s an England international which means he’s more expensive.

40m if they DONT finish top4. And if they do? Which looks a pretty good bet given their fixtures. Do I believe they’d pay 50 for Keane? I don’t know anymore with transfer fees, but if they want him............... You seem to be giving far too much weight to clubs records transfer fees, it has no relevance whatsoever, the way transfer fees have spiralled in the last year or 2, clubs are paying way over the odds. Also he’s an England international which means he’s more expensive.
Ok mate, if you say so...

Status
Not open for further replies.