Michael Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.
if Hamburg reckon he's good enough to replace Rafael Van Der Vaart, then thats good enough for me. sign him up at 4.5 million.

i want the guy, we need bigger players in the midfeild. other than our defence the rest of the team are all small and at 20 this fellas going to improve.

Where does he play? i thought it was DM or box-box but Van Der Vaart is an attacking player.

His scoring record for a midfielder sounds quite impressive for the dutch league and we certainly need more height in the side but didn't we supposedly refuse to pay £3m for this guy last month?

Bradley is a great young talent, Everton would be well served giving this guy a shot. He still has much to learn but the upside in tremendous and he's already proved he can more than hold is own against competition superior to that MLS dribble.

Another "Yank" thought real quick...if Fulham gets relegated, anyone interested in Clint Dempsey?

Was it any coincidence that man ure signed howard in the summer they toured america?

didnt hurt the brand to have plenty of exposure in the american market by having a US international in the eleven.

is bradley a carsley type midfielder? a cahill type midfielder? or one of the many other types of middle man?

with the greatest respect to the dutch league, dirk kuyt was made to look capable of walking on water in that league, so much so that moyes showed interest in signing him.

dodged a bullet there.

Usually for the NT he plays a defensive mid depending on the formation but I think for his current team he's more of an attacking mid. Either way he's a good player that will be straight class if Moyes gets ahold of him.

Yeah ok...ahem, ignorance of all things related to American football aside....

Many have clamored for a player to replace "aging" Lee Carsley at some point down the road. Bradley could be that player. Solid in the tackle and skillful with the ball at his feet. Oh, and he scores a bit too, check out what he's done for Heerenveen in Holland.

In addition, he's young so he's still got upside potential and I don't think he'd take too long to adapt to the pace of play in England. Someone's gonna get him, I'd just as soon it be us.

As for Clint Dempsey, I like him and think he's a good player but I don't know where he'd fit in with us. They (and the USA) are using him up front but we're covered in that dept. I personally think he's better in midfield. Could he help us there? I think so but I think he'd be a good, solid squad player and I don't think he'd replace any of our current starters maybe except Osman.

I thought he only had 12 months left on his contract ! No way would DM part with that amount of cash given the length of his current contract, the best they can hope for is £2 - 2.5m, or a loan with a view to buy at a figure set around their alleged asking price.

I thought he only had 12 months left on his contract ! No way would DM part with that amount of cash given the length of his current contract, the best they can hope for is £2 - 2.5m, or a loan with a view to buy at a figure set around their alleged asking price.

No his contract is up at the end of the season.

Yeah ok...ahem, ignorance of all things related to American football aside....

Many have clamored for a player to replace "aging" Lee Carsley at some point down the road. Bradley could be that player. Solid in the tackle and skillful with the ball at his feet. Oh, and he scores a bit too, check out what he's done for Heerenveen in Holland.

In addition, he's young so he's still got upside potential and I don't think he'd take too long to adapt to the pace of play in England. Someone's gonna get him, I'd just as soon it be us.

As for Clint Dempsey, I like him and think he's a good player but I don't know where he'd fit in with us. They (and the USA) are using him up front but we're covered in that dept. I personally think he's better in midfield. Could he help us there? I think so but I think he'd be a good, solid squad player and I don't think he'd replace any of our current starters maybe except Osman.

FFS tx pass me some of what your smoking. Ossie has been are best midfield player this season, if not in the whole team.

Would they not get componsation and stuff him being under 23 even though they signed him from the states!

Seems a preyty made up storey if he is out of contract in the summer youd expect better form the tabloids wouldnt you.

Would they not get componsation and stuff him being under 23 even though they signed him from the states!

Seems a preyty made up storey if he is out of contract in the summer youd expect better form the tabloids wouldnt you.

Yeah, I agree. I was a little confused when I saw the 4.5 amount. I remember when the transfer window was open the big thing with him was everyone thought that Moyes would wait till the summer to pick him up since his contract would be running out.

FFS tx pass me some of what your smoking. Ossie has been are best midfield player this season, if not in the whole team.

Haha..

1) Osman has NOT been our best midfield player all season. That accolade easily goes to one Steven Pienaar.

2) You must not have seen much of Clint Dempsey's play. ;)

That Bradley cat showed some nice touches against Mexico but didnt look comfortable in the midfield alongside his partner in the middle. I wouldnt mind seeing him play more though.

Dempsey is very classy but isnt doing much for Fulham. It might be too big a step up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.