MERSEYSIDE DERBY IN APRIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT have the love in with the RS
They're probably arguing they should show it maybe on a Saturday night and the police saying no .
In dialogue with Sky asking if the can pinch the early Saturday or Friday night
Police would be happier with a Friday night than a Saturday night less pre- match drinking time

Friday night is a definite possibility.

3 out of the last 5 league derbies at Anfield have been non-weekend night games for tv, last season on a Wednesday night, Tuesday night in 13/14 and Tuesday night in 11/12.

It would actually be better for both teams, as we play on the Tuesday night away at Man Utd immediately following the derby.

Sky also haven't shown a Friday night game live from Anfield this season yet either, which increases the chances. Sky are only allowed to show 10 Friday night live games per season.

No chance, whilst you're right... you're neglecting that three of those were week nights... I.e. Work nights, no way will it be a Friday night game after the Saturday 5.30 game, and then polices approach to it

I heard the Sky games on Friday didnt get the kind of viewing figures they wanted, not sure how they know that? So might not do any more perhaps.

BT have the love in with the RS
They're probably arguing they should show it maybe on a Saturday night and the police saying no .
In dialogue with Sky asking if the can pinch the early Saturday or Friday night
Police would be happier with a Friday night than a Saturday night less pre- match drinking time

I agree with this.

Friday night is more likely than Saturday night for that very reason.

Really hoping this is not a lunchtime kickoff over there. Nothing I love more than going the pub so early they aren't allowed to serve beer.

United can be moved to Wednesday that's not an issue

Exactly right, I'm not sure where people get the idea midweek games can't be moved. This season our game V Arsenal was moved back a day to the Tuesday, though I'm not sure why seeing as on the same day they decided to move the Derby to the following Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.