Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that some Blues are having a tough time this Christmas. It’s not an easy time of year for those with challenges with health, family matters, jobs, finances or worse. There are some hard things going on on the world. If you’re struggling a bit that’s ok.

I’ve got a couple of difficulties. I’ve got also some good things. One is the community I’ve come to know through supporting Everton FC, like youze.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone. NSNO.

Attachments

• 1C0DFF7C-D4DD-4DA8-877D-4E5ED717BA9B.jpeg
    1C0DFF7C-D4DD-4DA8-877D-4E5ED717BA9B.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 31

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Big thanks to:
  • all the mods for trying their best to keep the GoT train on the tracks year round. (with little thanks)
  • the drone lads and the others who post regular photo updates on progress down at BM.
  • Everyone's favourite kitchen fitter, always entertaining.
  • @carlos21, the undisputed king of rep. Now and forever.
  • @4737carlin for the consistent entertainment in the board/Moshiri/Kenwright threads. I genuinely admire your commitment. Cheers.
  • Everyone else. You're the reason this is the most active forum for Everton on the internet. My wish for 2023 is that the lurkers post more. (unless it's about Andrew Tate.)
I hope all of you who celebrate Christmas have a wonderful time. Personally, I'll be on the kitchen all day so won't enjoy it as much as boxing day. (Until Everton undoubtedly ruin that too.)

Cheers everyone.

Mike.
You'll be in the kitchen all day.

*shudders

You'll be in the kitchen all day.

*shudders
We had a small fire recently. (2 months or so back)

The female of this house left a pan of some kind of stew on and got distracted. (I was out at the time)

When I came home the stench was unmistakable. Luckily the kitchen door was closed or the smoke would have gone through the house. The pan with her whatever in was basically just ashes, it had caught fire and even set fire to the aluminum filters in the extractor hood above which then merrily burnt through months of grease and dripped down onto the cooker. The only remaining flame when I entered was a little flicker which later turned out to be the motor from the extractor hood. It just gave up and fell down onto the cooker.

Luckily, aside from the hood it was in the main superficial smoke damage. Wash the cabinets down, remove the aluminum ceiling tiles to rub with alcohol and repain the gypsum around the edge. Job done.

I still can't figure out how she couldn't smell it when she was upstairs. Not only that, totally forgot she was cooking!

So yeah, I'm in the kitchen tomorrow. She can't be trusted with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.