Memories of Mike Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fella was totally out of his depth
to be fair to him though i used to go the game in the 90's and there was no difference between the Walker era and the Smith or Kendal dross that was served up

The football we played throughout Black December wouldn't have looked out of place in Mike Walker era Everton.

catchphrase-o.gif

Say what you see...

Neville Southall despises him.

I saw him do a talking gig in Southport before Christmas and it was evident that he hated him.
Dont blame him me and my mate franny had a go at him in the wimslow after the wimbledon game, the manager said here he is the man who kept everton up, lucky the bar was in the way, as we both flipped got out very quick,
heard some stories about him from people inside the club bit of an all round div

Read any book by an Everton player who he managed and they slaughter him. Think it was Snodin who talks about him being more interested in suntans than training

Dont blame him me and my mate franny had a go at him in the wimslow after the wimbledon game, the manager said here he is the man who kept everton up, lucky the bar was in the way, as we both flipped got out very quick,
heard some stories about him from people inside the club bit of an all round div

I was about to ask if it's true he walked in the Winslow giving it the biggun after the Wimbledon game only to be "advised to leave", but I think you've answered my question.

that Swindon game - before then I didnt think it was possible to score six goals and be dreadful

Yes Parkinson was a legend , love him for doing that.
He came with some pedigree I think for what he did a Norwich.
some things don't work out , not surprised if there was more to it behind the scenes but he never really managed again after that , went back to Norwich for a bit then off to Cyprus.
Dont hate him
His tracksuits were amazing aswell

to be fair to him though i used to go the game in the 90's and there was no difference between the Walker era and the Smith or Kendal dross that was served up

I think this is the point. To me it shows that things were very wrong behind the scenes as a whole string of successful managers bombed. I think with the Chairman we had at the time and the way he ran the club anyone would have struggled. Everyone did........

Status
Not open for further replies.