Memories of Mike Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know how to set up training sessions and left the players to it. It was Dave Watson and Southall who in the end were sorting the training sessions. The fella was a useless blert who would have been a stain on our history if we had gone down that season. Graham Stuart should have the keys to the city after those goals on the last day of the season.

Dont blame him me and my mate franny had a go at him in the wimslow after the wimbledon game, the manager said here he is the man who kept everton up, lucky the bar was in the way, as we both flipped got out very quick,
heard some stories about him from people inside the club bit of an all round div

What a knob!! Surprised any Everton manager would go into a pub full of blues after a match, to be honest. Sounds like he wanted a bit of an ego boost, though

Didn't know how to set up training sessions and left the players to it. It was Dave Watson and Southall who in the end were sorting the training sessions. The fella was a useless blert who would have been a stain on our history if we had gone down that season. Graham Stuart should have the keys to the city after those goals on the last day of the season.

This doesn't surprise me! Also heard he was useless in the dressing room, and didn't really give proper team talks. Especially that Wimbledon game, didn't he say [Poor language removed] all and just left the players to it at half-time (or is that just a rumour)??

What did he say?

The interviewer dissuaded him from saying very much and moved him off the topic twice, however, he did tell a story about him adoring a sun-tan more then training his team.

The whole squad were annoyed when he had the parking space closest to the entrance at Bellefiels painted with his initials, M.W.

So as a joke, Mark Ward pulled up and parked there, Walker didn't see the joke and Ward never played for Everton again.

What a knob!! Surprised any Everton manager would go into a pub full of blues after a match, to be honest. Sounds like he wanted a bit of an ego boost, though

My fave family story is that my Uncle - used to live on the one behind Gwladys Street - bumped into Colin Harvey emerging onto Goodison Road about two hours after the game had finished on the day we won the title in 87. He asked Harvey if he wanted a pint, he didn't fancy it alone so he went back and dragged Howard Kendall in with him, right across the road to the Winslow.

My Uncle walked in with them and stuck with them until late at night.

But Mike effing Walker?

My fave family story is that my Uncle - used to live on the one behind Gwladys Street - bumped into Colin Harvey emerging onto Goodison Road about two hours after the game had finished on the day we won the title in 87. He asked Harvey if he wanted a pint, he didn't fancy it alone so he went back and dragged Howard Kendall in with him, right across the road to the Winslow.

My Uncle walked in with them and stuck with them until late at night.

But Mike effing Walker?

You don't need to force Kendall's arm up his back to persuade him to have a pint, though!!

Somebody mentioned us beating Swindon before the end of that 93-94 season, 6-2 I think. Didn't we also beat Chelsea at Goodison 4-2?

I remember his first game in charge anyway, cos I was there. It was Bolton away in the FA Cup in Jan 94, we drew 1-1 then got beat 3-2 in the replay at Goodison. That was when Bolton weren't in the top flight, but were seen as a bit of a giant killing club. However I think we were 2-0 up at Goodison so was gutted when we got knocked out

Status
Not open for further replies.