Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine at the end of last season if someone told you:
Carlo would ditch us
We’d replace him with ‘kin Benitez
Sigurdsson would (yano)
Benitez first major move would be selling James
We’d buy Townsend and Gray who are actually alright
Benitez would drop and eventually force out Digne who was genuinely our only LB at the time
We would win 1 in 14 before finally sacking the least popular manager of all time
Frank Lampard would come in and oversee some beatings trying to play a bit too much football and we’d drop into the relegation zone
We work out how to win, including how to make Iwobi go from absolute waster to the hardest working player in the prem and a progressive, forward thinking, multi-position player!
We’d stay up with last minute goal against Newcastle, beating United, Chelsea, Leicester away and then coming back from 2-0 down to win for the first time in our history to win our 1878th top flight match

All these events lead to a month of the best atmospheres I’ve ever seen in football before during and after the match and Lampard and Cole becoming blues getting in with the fans
Great post overall, but we have came back from 2-0 before, including a really important one too back in 94 against a team called Wimbledon.

Just been browsing the Palace forums. A few comments from their fans who went that match. Basically saying Goodison was a cauldron and they had never heard anything like it. Said we must have been giving out steroids at the turnstiles.

Said they lost the game because their players just wanted off the pitch and on the bus home ASAP.
You have a link to that? Wouldn't mind reading that.

You have a link to that? Wouldn't mind reading that.
Sorry mate I’m rubbish with the links. It’s on their main Palace forum if you type it into Google. There is about a 15 page match thread of the game, think it’s on the last few pages their fans who have come back from the match.

No schadenfreude quite like football is there

Like an epic never ending tragedy
Can you imagine if slippy stops the rs? That would be the greatest ever schadenfreude- very unlikely I know.

I never want to go through a season like that again .

COYB

Great post overall, but we have came back from 2-0 before, including a really important one too back in 94 against a team called Wimbledon.
Haha yes mate we’ve definitely done that before, you’re right! I meant the never 2-0 down at half time in the premier league stat I heard, needs an edit that

Status
Not open for further replies.