Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the BBC website last night in their match report they referred to us as having an "expensively assembled squad", it was pointed out to them that wolves have spent more on their current squad than we have and they seem to have updated it because I cant see any reference to it now. Its fine for the media to keep having sly digs or saying we are not in the race for 4th or not in the title race. Its early days really we are still 2 games away from the midway point of the season and most people in the media will back the regular top 6 to be the top 6 at the end of the season because they often are. I remember the season Leicester won the title, there were pundits saying after 30 games that they probably wouldn't even be top 4 at the end of the season, let alone champions

United game was on the main channel, obviously they are gonna talk about that, this isn't a big thing. Enjoy that we won.
I think you'll find I am enjoying the win thanks. The games were on two separate channels. They could have had Carlos interview on right after the 2nd ad-break. No it isn't a big thing but my point still stands given the thread title.

And i'd disagree with that aswell. I mean it's not hard to understand.

IIRC, much was made about us being in a "relegation battle" when Allardyce took over even though most of us on here knew full well we weren't. It's all about perception, and when you have media jammed to the rafters with kopite fluffers and the occasional ex-Manure, it's easy to see how that perception arises.

While we technically are in the race due to our position and points , We have too many inconsistencies to be taken seriously for it imo. Ancelotti is massively overachieving as it is with these players and the injuries we've had.
Think we have a few more West Ham games in us sadly where it just doesn't go our way.

IIRC, much was made about us being in a "relegation battle" when Allardyce took over even though most of us on here knew full well we weren't. It's all about perception, and when you have media jammed to the rafters with kopite fluffers and the occasional ex-Manure, it's easy to see how that perception arises.
Fat Sam SAVED Everton, they even spin that balls now.

It really isn't though mate. I've just had a quick look at a couple of headlines from the national media.

The Guardian references 'Everton's top 4 push', The Mail mentions us being 'just a point behind Liverpool', The Mirror says 'Everton storm top 4', Sky Sports says 'Everton march into top 4'. The idea that we're being ignored is just made up.

People don't really think we'll last the pace because we don't have the recent pedigree nor the ability on paper to do it. It doesn't mean we won't or can't but it's perfectly understandable that pundits don't class us, Villa, Southampton etc as being in the title reckoning. If we're still this close to top in 10 games time they'll have changed their tune, because we'll have shown evidence we can keep it up. For now, it's just a very promising start.

But thats the top 4, they have to talk about us being in the top 4 because we're in it. Were they talking about us being in the top 4 after west ham? No.

The fact is we are talking about us not being mentioned in the title race which we are in at this moment in time. Thats where the bias is.

Nah, that's like saying the bloke in 4th after 10 miles of a marathon is in the race to win it. He might be, or he might drop off and finish 50th, it's too early to know. Same here, we're 4 points off top and 6 points off 10th. I've said the same when people say we're in a relegation battle when we're 4 points clear of the drop at this stage, it's just way too early for that sort of statement. We're doing really well, but why do we need other people's approval? If they were all laughing and saying Everton have got absolutely no chance of staying where they are then i'd get it but they aren't. People are recognising we're doing well but saying they don't think we're good enough to see it through and be in the running to win the league come the last half dozen games or whatever, they'll either be proved right or wrong, it's just an opinion.
I watch SSN and listen to Talksport quite a bit as well as other stuff posted in papers and every time top 4 is mentioned Everton are totally ignored in the conversation.
We don’t get a mention but Leicester do, and even Villa and Southampton.
They posted tables where Everton where missing, DCL removed as top goal scorer. I don’t want them to make a big who ha about us but it be nice to say where in the mix.
SSN last week or the week before, thought City where 3rd when we where

Apart from the fact that spurs have been consistently talked about being in the title race since the start of the season. I've even seen talk of Southampton being in the title race.

So your argument kind of falls to bits there really.

Besides the position we are in at the moment proves we should he involved at the top because that's where we are. Whether we fall away or not is yet to be seen but at the moment we are where we are.
Bad grammar by me, Spurs have proved it before, Southampton villa and us haven’t

It’s more about the fact they won’t acknowledge what we are doing, every team in the top 8 but Everton have been given credit and put in the title race. I don’t think we win it either

When Leicester won it they where written off till about April
Might just be me but I’d happily settle for being given no credit now, and written off until April, then seeing the fume amongst Redknapp, Murphy, Souness and co when they realise we haven’t quite gone quietly away as they had hoped!

Status
Not open for further replies.