Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens regularly has done any season we are any good.

I have no idea, why are Leicester Football Club a more media friendly club, they have won one title in 100+ years.

Use it as motivation and when we do the unthinkable it will be all so sweet.

I am sick to death of the Media bias towards Liverpool and its distain for us.

But it's also hilariously counter productive too. Since the death of Van Dijk, it's clearly affected the Liverpool team emotionally. They won't be champions this season because of it.

This happens regularly has done any season we are any good.

I have no idea, why are Leicester Football Club a more media friendly club, they have won one title in 100+ years.

Use it as motivation and when we do the unthinkable it will be all so sweet.
Leicester winning the league was a great story, so there's a lot of goodwill towards them, which is fair enough. I think the only media bias is towards the rs at the moment, always was towards Man Utd, and will be again now they're near the top of the league again.

Actually achieve something this season and then the likes of Keane will maybe take notice but until then they’ll keep writing us off.

I think writing Everton off is the best thing in all honesty.

Everton thrive as the underdog. It's something we can never seem to get away from. Prime example is when we got beat by Leeds and drew with Burnley, games we were supposed to win. Then we expected hardly anything against Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester and won all 3 games. With our best players out.

As soon as there is hype surrounding Everton, it goes to the players heads and the performance levels drop.

It’s doesn’t bother me to much, it will just make it all sweeter when we have success.

But you have ESPN tweeting it’s tight at the top. And showing the top 5. Roy Keane saying Leicester are in the mix because, they have a great coach, but Forget about Everton.

Bur surely the classic was MOTD 2. Put a points comparison from last season 18 games to the this and the points swing. Having the top 5 plus Chelsea. I don’t know exactly, but I bet would would have been the best, from a points swing point of view and have a game in hand over most of them.

He's trying to be patronising, but there's no real reason for a neutral to think we can win the league. I don't think we have any realistic chance either. He wrote off Spurs completely as well and I'd agree with that too. There's nothing to suggest that Spurs team are good enough either.

We won't become relevant until we win consistently. But I've no problem with going under the radar at the minute. That suits us and it will be even better if we actually do make them all take notice at some point and prove them all wrong.

This year is about european qualification for us and we're in the mix. I don't really care what the media or pundits say. I can see with my own eyes we are heading in the right direction and have every confidence that will continue.

The thing is it's an opinion and he's probably right that we won't win the league. But, it's the air of disdain/dismissiveness that is frustrating. Not because it will directly effect results this season, it won't. Could arguably be used as motivation.

The frustration is what the compounding effect of this narrative from Keane and others could be in terms of attracting future talent / fans. There's only one way to counter it and that's to win.

He's trying to be patronising, but there's no real reason for a neutral to think we can win the league. I don't think we have any realistic chance either. He wrote off Spurs completely as well and I'd agree with that too. There's nothing to suggest that Spurs team are good enough either.

We won't become relevant until we win consistently. But I've no problem with going under the radar at the minute. That suits us and it will be even better if we actually do make them all take notice at some point and prove them all wrong.

This year is about european qualification for us and we're in the mix. I don't really care what the media or pundits say. I can see with my own eyes we are heading in the right direction and have every confidence that will continue.

He didn't write off Spurs completely. He cited that they had a chance as they have a world class manager *Carlo's eyebrow raises slightly

It's a bit mad to be so dismissive when we're up there with a game in hand, while he gushes about Leicester??

He's probably right, as you said, but still.

Keane is a knobhead, he's always been a knobhead, and he'll always be a knobhead. Absolutely loathe the fella.

Sure, I don't think we'll win it either, but there's no reason to be so dismissive of us and say that Leicester are in with a shout because Brendan bleedin' Rodgers is their coach. Completely nonsensical.
Keane has a job because he spouts rubbish that sparks outrage. He's the talkSPORT of TV pundits.

He didn't write off Spurs completely. He cited that they had a chance as they have a world class manager *Carlo's eyebrow raises slightly

It's a bit mad to be so dismissive when we're up there with a game in hand, while he gushes about Leicester??

He's probably right, as you said, but still.
This is what it all boils down to though isn't it? He's been asked to give his opinion, and he's giving it. If he says 'I'd say Everton are in with a great shout they're real dark horses don't underestimate them' and then we finish 8th then he's going to look like an idiot, so he's saying what he actually thinks. Pretty much everyone complaining about us not being classed as title challengers seems to agree that realistically we're not, so I really don't see what it is people are bothered about. If you think we are title challengers then it's a bit more understandable, but if you accept that we're probably not then these pundits are literally just saying the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.