Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said we won’t win it but right now we are in the title race, that’s simple fact, 4 points off top after 17 games is being in it.
Last night was a big win and a surprise
Nah, that's like saying the bloke in 4th after 10 miles of a marathon is in the race to win it. He might be, or he might drop off and finish 50th, it's too early to know. Same here, we're 4 points off top and 6 points off 10th. I've said the same when people say we're in a relegation battle when we're 4 points clear of the drop at this stage, it's just way too early for that sort of statement. We're doing really well, but why do we need other people's approval? If they were all laughing and saying Everton have got absolutely no chance of staying where they are then i'd get it but they aren't. People are recognising we're doing well but saying they don't think we're good enough to see it through and be in the running to win the league come the last half dozen games or whatever, they'll either be proved right or wrong, it's just an opinion.

Nah, that's like saying the bloke in 4th after 10 miles of a marathon is in the race to win it. He might be, or he might drop off and finish 50th, it's too early to know. Same here, we're 4 points off top and 6 points off 10th. I've said the same when people say we're in a relegation battle when we're 4 points clear of the drop at this stage, it's just way too early for that sort of statement. We're doing really well, but why do we need other people's approval? If they were all laughing and saying Everton have got absolutely no chance of staying where they are then i'd get it but they aren't. People are recognising we're doing well but saying they don't think we're good enough to see it through and be in the running to win the league come the last half dozen games or whatever, they'll either be proved right or wrong, it's just an opinion.
Very good point, everyone else is seeing this in blue tinted glasses, you have nailed it on the head here.

But you could say that about any team. By your definition there shouldn't be any title race up until about April then but they've been talking about the title race from the first week of the season. Even when we were 4 win from four and top of the league it was all spurs and Liverpool.

At the end of the season do I think we'll be in the title race? No. At the moment are we in a title race? Yes!

Were one point of liverpool who are in it so we have to be. We’re 17 games in and we are 1 point off second 4 points off top and we've won more games then liverpool, spurs and City this season.

The fact we are simply being dismissed by the media is bias.

Redknapp doesn't think Everton are in the title race... we are just about half way through the season 4 points off top, we are ahead of teams that are in the title race. At what point will they say we are in the title race 5 points clear with 2 games to go? We've been hit by injuries as badly as any team around us and worse than most with key players DCL, James, Richarlson, Digne and Allan all missing games and we are still up there.
No one is in a 'title race;' after 17 games!
What even is a title race?
Its a made up statement to throw faux praise on clubs were they know they will get clicks
Could all be different in 5 games time, in 10 games time, in 15 games time!
The key is dont go OTT on the wins and dont be too distraught in the defeats, thats how the players have handled it and so far its a good mentality to have

But you could say that about any team. By your definition there shouldn't be any title race up until about April then but they've been talking about the title race from the first week of the season. Even when we were 4 win from four and top of the league it was all spurs and Liverpool.

At the end of the season do I think we'll be in the title race? No. At the moment are we in a title race? Yes!

Were one point of liverpool who are in it so we have to be. We’re 17 games in and we are 1 point off second 4 points off top and we've won more games then liverpool, spurs and City this season.

Yes, exactly. But if you want to get hung up on whether a couple of blokes who can hardly string a sentence together think we're 'in the race' then don't let me stop you.

You couldn’t say it about any other team as we haven’t proved to be in a title race before, if we want to get recognition from the media, we have to earn it and prove to them we should be involved at the top of the table. Man Utd have proved it, so have Liverpool, Leicester, city, Chelsea and Spurs, us, villa and Southampton haven’t before.

Yes, exactly. But if you want to get hung up on whether a couple of blokes who can hardly string a sentence together think we're 'in the race' then don't let me stop you.
Apart from its not a couple of blokes is it its the whole football media.

You couldn’t say it about any other team as we haven’t proved to be in a title race before, if we want to get recognition from the media, we have to earn it and prove to them we should be involved at the top of the table. Man Utd have proved it, so have Liverpool, Leicester, city, Chelsea and Spurs, us, villa and Southampton haven’t before.

Apart from the fact that spurs have been consistently talked about being in the title race since the start of the season. I've even seen talk of Southampton being in the title race.

So your argument kind of falls to bits there really.

Besides the position we are in at the moment proves we should he involved at the top because that's where we are. Whether we fall away or not is yet to be seen but at the moment we are where we are.

If we were 4 points over the bottom 3 after 17 games you can bet your life that it would said by every media outlet that Everton are in a relegation battle, 4 points off the top it's Everton are not in the title race.

Apart from its not a couple of blokes is it its the whole football media.
It really isn't though mate. I've just had a quick look at a couple of headlines from the national media.

The Guardian references 'Everton's top 4 push', The Mail mentions us being 'just a point behind Liverpool', The Mirror says 'Everton storm top 4', Sky Sports says 'Everton march into top 4'. The idea that we're being ignored is just made up.

People don't really think we'll last the pace because we don't have the recent pedigree nor the ability on paper to do it. It doesn't mean we won't or can't but it's perfectly understandable that pundits don't class us, Villa, Southampton etc as being in the title reckoning. If we're still this close to top in 10 games time they'll have changed their tune, because we'll have shown evidence we can keep it up. For now, it's just a very promising start.

A very valid opinion, important we don't get carried away with our position. When we started out well, we got a song to number 1 in the charts, we gave it all the Billy bigballs cringe factor, we lost a couple of games and the world was falling apart, all our players were useless, only last week after West Ham and Rotherham games the vile on here and twitter was nauseating.

No happy medium with the majority of fans. We will never learn to take it one game at a time, and not get too high when we win or too low when we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.