Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidkojak

Player Valuation: £500k
Right maybe i am just particularly moody today and opening myself up for the usual clever sarcastic responses from certain people here haha.
But as the title suggests it got me thinking how much can it effect a game of Footy and what everyone thinks.

I am sick to death of the Media bias towards Liverpool and its distain for us.
Again i read another Article today about how a certain Liverpool player has the inside track on James.
I mean seriously do one its so pathetic that such a big (Worldwide Giant Club like Liverpool) cough cough..... even has little slime balls in the press trying to play childish mind games to give them more of an edge in the derby.
They are so used to getting an easy run against us that as soon as they start worrying about us taking points off them the Worms in the press come out.

I Really hope we make a good game of it and cant wait for all the reasons and excuses if we do beat them comes out.

Dont get me wrong we always get the bad press but is it just me but they are out in force in particular at the minute building up to this.
I mean i put Everton into Google and the past 3 days the first 2 or 3 articles are for Liverpool WTF.

Rant over have a good week chaps.

Right maybe i am just particularly moody today and opening myself up for the usual clever sarcastic responses from certain people here haha.
But as the title suggests it got me thinking how much can it effect a game of Footy and what everyone thinks.

I am sick to death of the Media bias towards Liverpool and its distain for us.
Again i read another Article today about how a certain Liverpool player has the inside track on James.
I mean seriously do one its so pathetic that such a big (Worldwide Giant Club like Liverpool) cough cough..... even has little slime balls in the press trying to play childish mind games to give them more of an edge in the derby.
They are so used to getting an easy run against us that as soon as they start worrying about us taking points off them the Worms in the press come out.

I Really hope we make a good game of it and cant wait for all the reasons and excuses if we do beat them comes out.

Dont get me wrong we always get the bad press but is it just me but they are out in force in particular at the minute building up to this.
I mean i put Everton into Google and the past 3 days the first 2 or 3 articles are for Liverpool WTF.

Rant over have a good week chaps.
Normally before a derby there's an article in the Mirror suggesting an Everton player is a transfer target for somebody or other.

We have to win, our mentality has to change, myself included when we say things like a draw would be good. It’s never good when you haven’t beat them for 22 games.

You’re right about the media but they’re always going to have that, even the positive ones in the national media are headpatting. There’s one by a red in the Guardian today which describes James’ “unlikely rehabilitation,” at Goodison. These are the type of people whowere behind that Tory powergrab the RS just tried to pull.And don’t even start on how many RS pundits there is.

The media don’t hate us. We just haven’t been very good and have basically just made up the numbers for years now.

exactly. I feel if anything we keep proving a lot of the media wrong as many back us to be close to the top 6 or 7 and we just haven’t come close for a while. sure there are the likes of Souness but by and large I find them fair. We just don’t like to hear anything but the awkward truth around our position in the league..
It’s up to us to earn the admiration we feel we deserve because of how good we used to be.

The bias is never going to stop! So when the bad times start to happen to them just enjoy it.There is nothing more hilarious than a half demented g******e ,usually a FKW crying their eyes out and claiming that they have been robbed or cheated to defeat. They are totally detached from reality anyway so seeing them squirm is wondrous to behold! Can't wait for Saturday afternoon.

Love it.

Just absolutely let the pressure be on them. Let us go about our business quietly, and at the end of the season, when we've had a good season, then they can moan about the top 6 monpoly being broken and fume.

....from a playing perspective, I‘m sure it influences referees and decision makers, even subconsciously.

i remember Graham Poll saying the first game he refereed at Old Trafford was Man Utd v Everton. He said Everton had the most stonewall penalty you could see at the Stretford End but he never gave it. He said he still doesn’t know to this day why he never gave it.

glies..jpg

The RS and it's 'fanbase' (customers) have both waged a long campaign to convince the outside world of their 'unique' character as a club.

As this horrible Nazi stated, if you pedal an untruth long enough, it eventually becomes accepted.

Those of us in Liverpool know the truth, a vile and venal club, owned by a Trump loving 'free market' billionaire.

Don't read too much in to what the media say, ever. That goes for everything, not just football.
Everyone has a bias, only idiots let it show.

Status
Not open for further replies.