Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’ll be the same Graham Poll who disallowed Don Hutchinson’s shot as it flew into the net, effectively the last kick of the game, to win the derby years ago! He actually blew his whistle while the ball was in the air before it hit the back of the net :rant: :rant::rant:!

Actually had no idea about this but just found the footage. What a shocker!

He dished out 3 yellow card's to the same player,during a game at the 2006 World Cup.Croatia v Australia if i remember correctly.
Yes he did. I was there. He was lucky that the result still allowed Australia to qualify. Also Mark Viduka was getting rugby tackled all game and got nothing for it.

Won nothing since 95, get rid of that stat and things might change, until then I dunno, thing is we dont have a global fan base, so dont generate the clicks.

Thing is i dont care about the media, its how i view Everton thats important.

Won nothing since 95, get rid of that stat and things might change, until then I dunno, thing is we dont have a global fan base, so dont generate the clicks.

Pretty much this. Sports media exists to make money. These days, they make it through eyeballs (as measured by ratings) and clicks. It's hard to fault them for maximizing revenue in a for-profit business with thin margins. It's give the people what they want, or go bust.

If we want to change that, we need to build a global fanbase and a genuine rivalry. There's one way to do that: win. A lot.

Fortunately, it looks like we hired the right guy to meet that objective.

Thing is i dont care about the media, its how i view Everton thats important.
I agree, thing is they will or may colour the views of the uncommitted before we get chance to snare them

Yes he did. I was there. He was lucky that the result still allowed Australia to qualify. Also Mark Viduka was getting rugby tackled all game and got nothing for it.
The Ref awarding Italy an injury time penalty in the last 16 game was another shocking decision.

The attention follows the money, or is it the other way around? Regardless, this is capitalism in practice. In Norway, we mostly only have Liverpool and Manchester United supporters. Something that is reflected in the coverage of PL.
The Liverpool supporters here believe, and they are dead serious, that Liverpool is God's chosen club, and that they are also special because their favorite team is Liverpool. In truth, they are the most unoriginal supporters there are, and are the thoughtless children of capitalism.

As a Norwegian, I admit that I will never have the emotional bond with Everton as the locals, after all it is their club, but following Everton gives me a form of satisfaction - even though it has mostly been self-harm.

If Everton beat Liverpool in the derby, it will be ecstatic, and especially considering how the Norwegian Liverpool supporters will react and how the media will cover it.

Been beginning to think we’ve been getting a slightly better deal on TV recently. After years of being underdogs or plucky Everton type nonsense regardless of how we played, just recently the pundits at least have been imho quite positive about our performances (when warranted). The lingering distain for Everton still pops up with the stuff about James like, but even so the commentary and post match analysis always did my head in whereas lately there does seem to be a bit more acknowledgement that we can play a bit. Maybe it’s just the start and the last couple of results, or maybe it’s having the leading scorer and new kid on the block for England, but for me at least I can tolerate most of what the pundits are saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.