Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
....from a playing perspective, I‘m sure it influences referees and decision makers, even subconsciously.

i remember Graham Poll saying the first game he refereed at Old Trafford was Man Utd v Everton. He said Everton had the most stonewall penalty you could see at the Stretford End but he never gave it. He said he still doesn’t know to this day why he never gave it.

That’ll be the same Graham Poll who disallowed Don Hutchinson’s shot as it flew into the net, effectively the last kick of the game, to win the derby years ago! He actually blew his whistle while the ball was in the air before it hit the back of the net :rant: :rant::rant:!

Unfortunately the bias is never going to stop, not while 70% of the " pundits" are ex players/glory supporters jumping onto their bandwagon!.When the bad times start to happen to them lets just enjoy the moments.There is nothing more hilarious than watching a g******e,usually an FKW--- squirming and trying to explain how "the best team in the world" have been cheated or robbed after a defeat. The look of shock is wondrous to behold!.They are a jammy club,have always got jammy decisions and generally had a free ride from referee's and the power's that be (FA /PL/UEFA et al).I used to get really annoyed about it but not anymore,because we'll never be able to change it!. This is not a rant,it is what I believe to be the truth so when s*** happens to them I really enjoy it. Can't wait for Saturday afternoon!

That’ll be the same Graham Poll who disallowed Don Hutchinson’s shot as it flew into the net, effectively the last kick of the game, to win the derby years ago! He actually blew his whistle while the ball was in the air before it hit the back of the net :rant: :rant::rant:!
He dished out 3 yellow card's to the same player,during a game at the 2006 World Cup.Croatia v Australia if i remember correctly.

Shankly used the media as a weapon all the time, in fact I think he pioneered it. That's another thing that makes me laugh at their hypocrisy, when they where constantly moaning about Alex Fergus on doing it. It must get into officials heads.

The media don’t hate us. We just haven’t been very good and have basically just made up the numbers for years now.

Yeah I think it's this. Don't hate us, but they might be bored of us. Mundanely stable in the league, with a long time spent with no ambition whatsoever during the Moyes years and a few false dawns. Narratively, there hasn't been an awful lot there for the media to get their teeth stuck into.

Graham Poll admitted 2 years afterwards that he had lied about blowing the whistle to end the game before the ball rebounded off Hutchinson's body into their goal. He said he was unsure whether he ought to penalise Hutchinson or allow a goal and end up in a row either way, so he panicked and pretended the game was over. It could only happen when we play the devil's spawn.

...that’s the fella. I think he also awarded two yellow cards to a player in an international match and failed to send him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.