Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no mate, I reckon about 5 people watch Tory karting these days.

Pretty sure there are more people into F1 in the UK than there are Everton fans. If the stadium had literally just been announced for first time then it might deserve to be ahead of F1 in the news but its just final confirmation of something everyone has known about for ages... thus not that big a news story for anyone besides Everton fans.

Sky show f1, its start of new season... pretty obvious why F1 is getting more attention.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there are more people into F1 in the UK than there are Everton fans. If the stadium had literally just been announced for first time then it might deserve to be ahead of F1 in the news but its just final confirmation of something everyone has known about for ages... thus not that big a news story for anyone besides Everton fans.

Sky show f1, its start of new season... pretty obvious why F1 is getting more attention.
I also like F1, but to believe thousands could benefit from Lewis taking the knee to have greater impact than the regeneration of an entire region is ludicrous.
For the record , I do not reside in the North West,, but could almost feel the lifting of spirits when permission was granted the other day.
You state this was mere confirmation of a matter that everybody had known about for ages. Really?
The millions of pounds surrounding F1, remain in F1. To those who already have millions.
BMD is not just about a new football stadia. This is significant to the re-emergence of a proud, but often overlooked part of the UK. Here is the potential to restructure and re-energise and extend an already unique skyline. Buildings, shops, taverns, apartments etc to what is in reality a derelict area. The creation of jobs in itself will bring a greater form of wealth, and, therefore, spending ability to thousands.
I could go on, but I believe you are an intelligent person with genuine views and have not asked for a swift resume in economics, but I am dismayed by your views. I will respect, but not agree, with them.

I also like F1, but to believe thousands could benefit from Lewis taking the knee to have greater impact than the regeneration of an entire region is ludicrous.
For the record , I do not reside in the North West,, but could almost feel the lifting of spirits when permission was granted the other day.
You state this was mere confirmation of a matter that everybody had known about for ages. Really?
The millions of pounds surrounding F1, remain in F1. To those who already have millions.
BMD is not just about a new football stadia. This is significant to the re-emergence of a proud, but often overlooked part of the UK. Here is the potential to restructure and re-energise and extend an already unique skyline. Buildings, shops, taverns, apartments etc to what is in reality a derelict area. The creation of jobs in itself will bring a greater form of wealth, and, therefore, spending ability to thousands.
I could go on, but I believe you are an intelligent person with genuine views and have not asked for a swift resume in economics, but I am dismayed by your views. I will respect, but not agree, with them.

Skysports.com is a sports website, they report sport news. One of the biggest global sports on the planet is kicking off this weekend, its bigger sports news than Everton having a stadium confirmed. It’s very simple. People don’t go to sports websites to read about reenergising skylines and creating jobs...

So the same coverage if it had been manure or the RS?

No. they are far bigger clubs than us and will generate far more clicks thus they would get better coverage.

Stories get prioritised based on how much interaction they think they will get from website viewers, there isn’t some lad with an anti Everton agenda sat in a room just randomly deciding what story they should make a headline, the decisions are data driven...

Skysports.com is a sports website, they report sport news. One of the biggest global sports on the planet is kicking off this weekend, its bigger sports news than Everton having a stadium confirmed. It’s very simple.
I agree. Sport does have enormous impact on the health and wealth of the 'ordinary man' and, I feel in his instance, cold have acknowledged that.
This is just opinion and nothing we need perpetuate, or indeed fall out over.
Enjoy your weekend.

Lads, we need to use the media bias to our advantage. We build an us v the rest attitude as a club and as a team, they dont want us at the top table, but we're sneaking up there.
Every one of the "pundits" think we're midtable mediocrity, lets look back in 10 years at the Mersons & Sherwoods when they're on celebrity come dine with me and we're lifting trophies in that big blue spaceship on the banks of the Mersey.

guys this trump kart is a load of baloney. which gasoline molesting rednecks even watch this crap??
Lol Snides, your description sounds more like NASCAR then it does F1.

Can definitely say that I'm no F1 fan myself.
Why do you call it Tory karting? Is it because like actual Tories, F1 cars just go around and around in circles without actually achieving anything?

I can't help going back to this thread

- there is media bias
- but i don't know how badly it really affects us in matches

100% we can be sure that referees are favouring the top teams, or those managers and clubs they have a relationship with. BUt it's difficult to prove, and it's a bit like the experience of racism - you see it, live it, but you can't prove it, and if you call it out people say you're crying.
But the thing is that I hoped with Rooney when he was captain, and now i'm confident with Ancelotti, that 'big characters' certainly help on the pitch, and in media interviews and in refereeing decisions. We need people to fear playing Everton again. I keep going back to the top 85-87 team, and the best Moyes team (peak Baines, Coleman, Cahill, Arteta) and we had not only big character players but also big physical players - Distin even - and I think we're just 2-3 players away from a big team. Once again we need leadership on the pitch.

It annoyed me massively, that our amazing statement last Tuesday about the Super League has been forgotten, and the teams that pulled out, and Jordan Henderson's instagram FFS are hailed as the saviours

No. they are far bigger clubs than us and will generate far more clicks thus they would get better coverage.

Stories get prioritised based on how much interaction they think they will get from website viewers, there isn’t some lad with an anti Everton agenda sat in a room just randomly deciding what story they should make a headline, the decisions are data driven...
But that is a form if bias, ultimately. But you are right, it ain't specifically aimed at Everton. It would be the same for Rochdale, Aberdeen, or Watford.

Don Hutchison commenting on Chelsea v Real Madrid game on BBC web site is listed as 'ex-Liverpool midfielder' even though he only played 45 games for RS but played 75 games for Everton............needless to say we don't get a mention!!

Don Hutchison commenting on Chelsea v Real Madrid game on BBC web site is listed as 'ex-Liverpool midfielder' even though he only played 45 games for RS but played 75 games for Everton............needless to say we don't get a mention!!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.