McFadden or Anichebe vs Blackburn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altough I'm a fan of both - particularily Faddy, who I think is excellent - the Yak is a must. I am 100% confident he'll stick with McFadden, but it'd be great to see the Yak debutising versus Blackburn.

Faddy once again showed me what I always see with him, a certain amount of buzz and excitement that seems to follow him. I think he free's up Arteta to go on the left where we never seems to get any width unless he is over there.

Never doubted his nifty moves just his stamina and his uncanny way he comes up with knocks to keep him on the sidelines. A good consistent run in the team would do us good.;)

Never doubted his nifty moves just his stamina and his uncanny way he comes up with knocks to keep him on the sidelines. A good consistent run in the team would do us good.;)

Anichebe was poor, against reading - with bad first touches and failure to keep possesion and hold up the ball. Something the entire squad was doing, though he and Valente looked woeful against reading.

Same at spurs, we beat them with 10 men as anichebe didn't look prem quality there either.

He's young, no need to right him off, he has the years to improve.

In the meantime if Yakubu is not bought or any other striker I'd give it to Faddy or even think of playing 4-5-1 away from home.

Faddy is quickish, skillful and has flair and the ability to take the ball past defenders. Maddeningly, his decision making is woeful. He shoots when he should pass and passes when he should shoot. he takes a touch when he shouldn't and fails to take a touch when he should.

He always seems to improve though, when he gets a run in the team, so given Anichebe's recent form I'd go for faddy.

If he could score the odd tap in and improve his decision making he's be a pivotal member of the squad. Rather than two or three goals a season that Pele would be proud of.

Agreed. I think Moyes just loved the fact Anichebe finds the back of the net when in the box. So a good return on investment. But he is lacking on first touch and pressing defenders into mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.