McCartney...Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could write a new song for us...

About the new stadium & leaving goodison park....

It would be awesome...

Nothing new to what he's said before anyway.

Something along the lines of 'I want to see both teams do well because it's good for the city. But if it comes down to a derby match then I'm an Evertonian'.

He's basically not a footy fan.

Correct. As said in other media several times before he's basically not a huge footie fan; but when push comes to shove he's an Evertonian; he just wants to keep that on the down-low so he doesn't offend the RS elements in the city.

I think he just doesn't like football. It is allowed.
It is allowed, but it is ridiculous.

In all honesty I think given the question probably at least once a day, he has decided to make a game of it. I feel like he just supports both clubs from the standpoint of hometown pride since he could not care less about the sport itself.

Twitter attachments never open for me, so I don't know what was said. It seems to be about who Paul McCartney
supports, so for my two bobs worth I can tell you that I've heard him say that he went to Goodison Park sometimes
but wasn't a big football fan.

As for the others, I thought Ringo was Red, no Idea about George, and the only reference I ever heard John Lennon make
to football was 'Anything you say will be taken down and may be used in Everton against you'.

I'm practically certain that none of them had any real interest in football.

As for McCartney investing, he's John Moores rich but nowhere near Abramovich rich or even Moshiri rich.

I'm summarise for anyone who can't be arsed reading this thread all the way through.

None of them are/were particularly interested in football but were told not to comment one way or the other back in the day by their manager Brian Epstein who was years ahead of his time.

Paul has said he likes both teams but when pushed on it says he's a blue. Probably doesn't watch any football at all though nowadays.

Ringo is a confirmed red but I've literally seen him say on a chat show that he doesn't watch matches other than finals. Typical kopite.

John's family were reds but he went to the '68 final with McCartney. I'd bet he was likely a red as well and probably just tagged along for a lad's day out.

George didn't support either, wasn't interested in any sports apparently even when jokingly asked to pick between them. He was always the weird one.

I'm summarise for anyone who can't be arsed reading this thread all the way through.

None of them are/were particularly interested in football but were told not to comment one way or the other back in the day by their manager Brian Epstein who was years ahead of his time.

Paul has said he likes both teams but when pushed on it says he's a blue. Probably doesn't watch any football at all though nowadays.

Ringo is a confirmed red but I've literally seen him say on a chat show that he doesn't watch matches other than finals. Typical kopite.

John's family were reds but he went to the '68 final with McCartney. I'd bet he was likely a red as well and probably just tagged along for a lad's day out.

George didn't support either, wasn't interested in any sports apparently even when jokingly asked to pick between them. He was always the weird one.

Almost none of the above is factually correct. Apart from the Epstein comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.