McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sell Fellaini high, buy McCarthy low and keep Baines wouldn't be an altogether catastrophic outcome. I could think of worse.

This, McCarthy might not be top draw but neither was Gibson when he was at United and he has been great for us. Fellaini is a top player but he isnt as great as some of us think, his ability to go missing is one diff between him and the top players

Lets pretend that we live on button moon and we have bid 8 mil for Mccarthy AND it isn't based on selling Felli or Baines. Unless we are going to screw the mancs out of 30m for Fellaini so he can buy a few players, we don't want to spunking anything over 10m on McCarthy. Good player he is but would be a bit dubious of it was over 10m.

So it gas begun let the games begin.. If it's 9/10 million for McCarthy yep I'll take it good good player but I'll expect another permanent signing plus a loan for me.. As a club we have sold our best players before and continued to do well let's believe in Martinez and if McCarty bid is accepted let's welcome the kid to our fine club COYB.

Well said mate. Fellaini doesn't want to be here, so best getting rid for good money and reinvest it in the squad. Fellaini out, two in and I'd be happy.

Did he not say a few times last season that he wanted a move away for champions league football? Usually when he was away on international duty.

Hes said a few times yes, but he signed a new contract, he could easily have let his contract run down and got himself a free.

Show me a player that doesnt want to improve himself, earn more money and play on a higher stage, that isnt Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.