Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says it all right there. The serf mentality that's served us so well.

Cap in hand gets kick in teeth.
You're ridiculous. No stadium designs are shown until they're ready and will only be tweaked minimally. You have no right at all to see them until the club decides they're good to go. Same way you have no right to see designs for a new HQ of another company, even if you like their product. If you hate the way a club is run so much, pick a different one that's more to your liking.

Would Bill Kenwright allow this? I know the obvious thing to do it criticise him, but on things like this I doubt he'd let us down.

Financially and his running of the club I have been hugely critical of and still am, but there is no doubt about his love of Everton and I'd be amazed if he allowed this project not to be 'done right'

Would Bill Kenwright allow this? I know the obvious thing to do it criticise him, but on things like this I doubt he'd let us down.

Financially and his running of the club I have been hugely critical of and still am, but there is no doubt about his love of Everton and I'd be amazed if he allowed this project not to be 'done right'
Mate I am totally in support of Meis etc with regard to BM but kenwright is the wrong example for you to make there, after all he was the one close to taking us to Kirkby

It's easy. We build something in the model of the San Mames stadium - Bilbao and the Amsterdam ArenA - Ajax, create some new technology that allows us to remove the first few rows of each stand and then plonk a portable track down.

You can do this @DanMeis

You have no right at all to see them until the club decides they're good to go. Same way you have no right to see designs for a new HQ of another company, even if you like their product. If you hate the way a club is run so much, pick a different one that's more to your liking.

I find that a ridiculous comment.

Don't like how your football club is run, then do one?

No sir

I personally can't see us moving in until after the games. For our new stadium to incorporate a temporary running track and have the same sort of proximity to the pitch for the fans. The track would need to be suspended and encroach into the seating area. Once the games are finished the track would be removed and the seating installed up to the sides of the pitch. Easy really

If they'd have released this information with sketches and renderings, my guess is we'd all see there's nothing to be concerned about.

They didn't, so naturally the sky is falling.

There are two factors that in tandem that tell me we don't need to worry.

Firstly, everyone who's seen the plans and spoken on this says that this won't affect the intimate, intimidating atmosphere we're looking to capture. Even the architect says this, for crying out loud.

Secondly, the fact that Anfield is to be used for the Opening Ceremony tells me that the capacity of our ground in athletics mode will be drastically reduced.

That's a good thing.

It suggests that the running track has to be much higher than the pitch - perhaps a full tier higher - which would therefore indicate that the stands are as steep as we've been promised.

It's easy. We build something in the model of the San Mames stadium - Bilbao and the Amsterdam ArenA - Ajax, create some new technology that allows us to remove the first few rows of each stand and then plonk a portable track down.

You can do this @DanMeis

The ultimate cool factor would be seats on pistons that lower underground, with a track that slides over the top replacing them. Like something you'd see in a Bond movie

etihad2.jpg

The Etihad stadium had a running track before it was transformed into this. Assuming we can have a design that can accomodate a temporary track by removing some of the lower tiered seats, I can live with it, especially if it funds part of the stadium.

Im not to bothered what the new ground looks like aestectically if im honest, just the seats are nothing like West Hams, its capacity is touching 60k and churns a lout of money.

Its a shell, the soul will always be what create in it.

Your all bad Subway lovers and probably moisturise as well.

Secondly, the fact that Anfield is to be used for the Opening Ceremony tells me that the capacity of our ground in athletics mode will be drastically reduced.

That's a good thing.

Good point.

Totally missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.