Matteo Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom1878

Player Valuation: £60m
7186.jpg

Ex Everton Defender, Matteo ferrari has rejected a contract at Roma and is now a free agent

...its not a rumour - but im sure Moyes might have a look...he was good for us, hes a good player, and would be a good addition to the squad on a free.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/30/Serie-A-transfer-news/

Last edited:
If he's healthy, I'd think he's certainly worth looking at.

I thought he recently did his knee though.

Loved him the few times he played for us though. ;)

would be handy to boost numbers cant say we saw too much of him last time around but its got to be better than the mcshane rumour doing the rounds

Good player. I was gutted when he left but if he hadn't we wouldn't have got Lescott. He was supposed to have fallen out with Moyes. I would have if Weir was getting picked above me week in week out despite being [Poor language removed] at the time.

He'd definatly an option and is a natural ball playing centre half something we lack.

i mentioned this guy in a thread a couple of weeks ago...might have been the "players we're glad we never signed" thread...but that was only coz we signed lescott instead, would definitely have him here on a free and maybe sell joey?...am sure we could get few million for yobo...

i mentioned this guy in a thread a couple of weeks ago...might have been the "players we're glad we never signed" thread...but that was only coz we signed lescott instead, would definitely have him here on a free and maybe sell joey?...am sure we could get few million for yobo...

Sell Yobo? Why? You need four quality centre halves so with Lescott, Yobo, Jagielka and Ferrari we'd probably be sorted.

It is good to hear that Matteo would be back to be our squad for free. ;) I do not know exactly that he could in the other defesive positions such as full back or defensive midfielder or not? If he could, there would be good to our squads. ;)

I remember reading somewhere that Milan were interested, or Juventus, or someone like that. I'm guessing he wouldn't even be considered if Moyes and him fell out.

Also, there's no way we could guarantee him first-team football which is another obstacle, whereas he might get that at another club. I mean, he was behind Mexes and Juan at Roma...

I was always a fan of his when he played and wanted to sign him permently, i do remeber he was very injury prone and didnt he play the majority of games for us at RB.

I remember reading somewhere that Milan were interested, or Juventus, or someone like that. I'm guessing he wouldn't even be considered if Moyes and him fell out.

Also, there's no way we could guarantee him first-team football which is another obstacle, whereas he might get that at another club. I mean, he was behind Mexes and Juan at Roma...

Fiorentina want him...

It is good to hear that Matteo would be back to be our squad for free. ;) I do not know exactly that he could in the other defesive positions such as full back or defensive midfielder or not? If he could, there would be good to our squads. ;)
He actually played at least one game as a right back and wasn't too bad. I think that his injuries more than any falling out caused Moyes not to persue him. When he played he was class.

It was so Im led to believe a slanging match to be fair to the player it was because he was not picked but Davy is not the forgiving type or maybe hes mellowing:D

Status
Not open for further replies.