Transfer Rumour Matheus Luiz Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't a Mendes client. There was a suggestion that Mendes's agency has a working relationship with the one which represents Nunes and Mendes might be involved, but if we are honest we have no way of knowing how this one came about. We know Portugal is one of the countries Everton dedicate a lot of scouting resource to, along with France and one or two others. I think it's a stretch to say the only reason we might have been interested in him would be because of Mendes.

Certainly went quiet on this after the Nuno thing died down, but then it's gone quiet on every early link, so you'd assume that any signings we had teed up needed to be approved by Benitez. Dumfries probably falls into the same category.

Mendes' agency were acting as intermediatries.

They don't have to have him as a client to do that.

From The Athletic, on July 19th

The need in central midfield is less abundantly clear, and will ultimately depend on who departs this summer. Sporting Lisbon’s Matheus Nunes has been one name monitored by the recruitment team, and was offered by intermediaries Gestifute earlier in the window.

Gestifute is Mendes' agency.

He isn't a Mendes client. There was a suggestion that Mendes's agency has a working relationship with the one which represents Nunes and Mendes might be involved, but if we are honest we have no way of knowing how this one came about. We know Portugal is one of the countries Everton dedicate a lot of scouting resource to, along with France and one or two others. I think it's a stretch to say the only reason we might have been interested in him would be because of Mendes.

Certainly went quiet on this after the Nuno thing died down, but then it's gone quiet on every early link, so you'd assume that any signings we had teed up needed to be approved by Benitez. Dumfries probably falls into the same category.
This. It could well be that Benitez wanted to get an idea of the squad first before he committed to any 'bigger' money signings, including Nunes. It could be that, having just come back from Florida, he now at least has a better idea of what he feels is needed in certain areas, hence why the links are reappearing now.

The need in central midfield is less abundantly clear, and will ultimately depend on who departs this summer. Sporting Lisbon’s Matheus Nunes has been one name monitored by the recruitment team, and was offered by intermediaries Gestifute earlier in the window.

^ which is what I meant. Granted, not technically a client, but in practice the same thing.

Couldn't care less who is agent is. If you based your recruitment on the moral composition of players' agents then you'd never sign anyone.

As long as he improves us and it's a reasonable fee then I'm happy.

Yeah I'm not bothered it's a Mendes guy as long as we're not beholden to him like Wolves were.

This. It could well be that Benitez wanted to get an idea of the squad first before he committed to any 'bigger' money signings, including Nunes. It could be that, having just come back from Florida, he now at least has a better idea of what he feels is needed in certain areas, hence why the links are reappearing now.
One of this year's new ITKs will be along soon to clarify the situation soon I'm sure.

He isn’t represented by Gestifute however, although his agency has a ‘working arrangement’ with them apparently.

If we can't spend why are we not using this money for a RB.

Don't think I can dope another season watching coleman trying to cross a ball or try to close his permanently open mouth
It's not money we lack it's wriggle room with FFP, I can see James going Nunes in. Maybe more sales and a RB in.

It's not money we lack it's wriggle room with FFP, I can see James going Nunes in. Maybe more sales and a RB in.

Nunes & Dumfries and its a decent window but any hopes of Europe rely on us getting that quality wide player in.

Townsend/Gray/Iwobi shouldn't be starting games and Richarlison will miss the first 2-3 games of the season.

Exactly, if we lack wriggle room due to FFP then we should be putting the nunes deal on the back burner and prioritising a RB with the money we are allowed to spend, then any future sales we do make we can use that to strengthen

Status
Not open for further replies.