Transfer Rumour Matheus Luiz Nunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre one if so. This was 100% a Mendes/Nuno stitch up deal, but Levy won't allow that stuff so easily at Spurs so it's possible it's come back to life due to no other options.

Bit of a leap that innit?

There's no way at all this is a Brands signing?

Not what we need at all

Anything other than right back right now is ignoring the big issue

Agreed that a right back should be the priority and following that a left-footed winger, but we presumably want to shift Delph and (possibly) Gomes, that being the case I think we will need a centre mid.

I'm not bothered which order they arrive in, as long as we get the ones we need

That's not really the point. I'm sure he is a player we've scouted, we always scout in Portugal.

But it was Mendes' agency which were acting as the mediatory for the deal earlier in the summer. That happened to all dry up when Nuno wasn't appointed.

I'm sure we can still go and get him, if we want him.

None at all. Rumours started heavily with Nuno as odds on favourite for the job, was on the verge of signing almost alongside Nuno, fell off a cliff when he went to Spurs. Mendes client, and there's a mountain of evidence about Mendes moving clients around other clients.

Not arsed if he's actually any good, but absolutely zero chance this was at least initially a Brands/Benitez 'scouted' signing. It's more a Vlasic type signing where we got made aware of him through other circumstances.

None at all. Rumours started heavily with Nuno as odds on favourite for the job, was on the verge of signing almost alongside Nuno, fell off a cliff when he went to Spurs. Mendes client, and there's a mountain of evidence about Mendes moving clients around other clients.

Not arsed if he's actually any good, but absolutely zero chance this was at least initially a Brands/Benitez 'scouted' signing. It's more a Vlasic type signing where we got made aware of him through other circumstances.

He isn't a Mendes client. There was a suggestion that Mendes's agency has a working relationship with the one which represents Nunes and Mendes might be involved, but if we are honest we have no way of knowing how this one came about. We know Portugal is one of the countries Everton dedicate a lot of scouting resource to, along with France and one or two others. I think it's a stretch to say the only reason we might have been interested in him would be because of Mendes.

Certainly went quiet on this after the Nuno thing died down, but then it's gone quiet on every early link, so you'd assume that any signings we had teed up needed to be approved by Benitez. Dumfries probably falls into the same category.

Hes not Mendes client I dont think. Hes Brazilian not Portuguese, happens to play for a Portuguese club.

Status
Not open for further replies.