2023/24 Mason Holgate

Unlike Tom where i simply can't fathom how he got almost 200 games for us i did think Holgate had at least something of a pro footballer about him. Early on i thought we may have had another Yobo on our books. It never happened though.

…I’d be chuffed if he did well but what if he gives away a last minute penalty to lose the game. Turning around their fortunes is unlikely but there’s risky scenario’s that could still play out. All I’m saying is he should’ve been left at Soton.
Oh I see lol

Unlike Tom where i simply can't fathom how he got almost 200 games for us i did think Holgate had at least something of a pro footballer about him. Early on i thought we may have had another Yobo on our books. It never happened though.
As I recall Holgate looked really promising until we gave him a massive pay rise, which probably tells you all you need to know about him.

I think it was just a classic case of us pretending a player is better than they actually are because we’re desperate for some form of crumbs of comfort to cling onto. We’re still doing it to this day.
He had a couple of good games. He actually played well on his last game for Southampton apparently but to say we're helping a rival is simply not true

If you think Holgate has not fulfilled early promise and is now quite crap then having him
play for a rival is clever. Unfortunately Luton showed no interest.

He is a terrible player.
Watching his positioning, ball watching, and lack of effort for those goals brought back memories of him and Keane doing their Laurel and Hardy act against Spurs a couple of years ago

He kept getting caught miles up the pitch.

In fairness to him, the whole defence was like a master class in how not to defend for the whole game.

I don`t think he`s made the situation there, any better or worse tbh.

He`s just another terrible defender, that`s been added to an already terrible defence, which has a midfield that`s just as bad in front of it.