2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have the mentally to play centre back.

He switches off or drifts out of position too much to say it just a coincidence.

He is a sellable asset so sell him. We have Branthwaite who will fill the 4th centre back options.

Worst of our centre backs by a long way, and that's bad.. He could play for QPR and no premier League team would batter down the door to buy him.

Him and Godfrey are the worst c-b pairing I've ever seen. And that includes 45 mins of Glen Keeley. Clueless buffoons.

I am not sure why so many are criticising him for last night performance...not at fault in any of the goals really...and try to play from the back...what else should he do...score a hattrick?

Alongside Mina or as part of a 3 I think he is decent. However him and Keane are like keystone cops when played together both equally bad. Alongside Godfrey in a 4 we will always be vulnerable to crosses. It's about getting the right partnership and at the minute the only person he can play in a 2 with is Mina. He can fill in other positions which makes him a useful squad player but can't see him being a regular starter again.

Unfortunately, our defensive positions are full of players that excel in one area, be it pace, strength, tackling, passing, heading... But they fail in all the other areas.

Very much like our midfield of Davies, Gomes, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin before Doucoure and Allan were signed. At least Doucoure and Allan are competent in most areas as well as the one they specialize in. Same can't be said of the defenders.

I feel Mason Holgate is a decent defender/player, it's just that recently he's been swanning around like billy boots for some reason. Needs to act more professional and concentrate on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.