2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couldn't give a toss if he chews it mouth open, mouth closed or with his tongue out.
When i was a young un you had to chew chewie with your gob open. Chewing with your mouth closed invited accusations of effeminacy or worse, being a secret snot-gobbler!

keep it up Holgate lad, keeping the old values alive!

If he and Godfrey struck up a good partnership we could be solid for years.
Just needs to cut out his own Keane-esque brain farts and who knows. He has the physical attributes.
I might be wrong but I'm more of an either/or with Godfrey and Holgate. Would like at least one of the CBs to have aerial dominance i.e. Mina. Both Godfrey and Holgate are fine in the air but on the short side for CBs combined with a short keeper.

Horses for courses to some extent but would worry about those two versus Burnley for example.

It's also a pretty well known aid to concentration.
Yeah, and if it works for footballing minds like Alex Ferguson, who am I to disagree?

It's not a huge deal for me. I don't think it's a great look, and I can understand why it annoyed some people given his poor performance last season.

I'm just curious to know if he still does it under Benitez. More as a marker for the level of discipline Benitez thinks is appropriate versus Ancelotti than anything else. It's one of those old fashioned little things - like tucking shirts in or pulling socks up.

It was his NEW demeanor last season (whether it was chewing gum strutting smiling after mistakes whatever ) that I found strange. It wasnt in his on pitch character previously. He always came across always a bit snidey which is great to have in the team. I felt he seemed to lose his way a bit and his performances over all were poor. Maybe the above was due to his acceptance of his poor form. To publicly admit his wasnt happy with his performances is a good sign imo. Shows maturity and a willingness to learn and improve and work.

…I’m not a fan of Holgate. He’s fine coming in as cover but I think he’ll be found out over a period of games.

He’s seems Benitez’s first choice, I wonder if he sees him as his EFC Carragher.

…I’m not a fan of Holgate. He’s fine coming in as cover but I think he’ll be found out over a period of games.

He’s seems Benitez’s first choice, I wonder if he sees him as his EFC Carragher.
Mina and Godfrey have been injured, I dont think we can guess who Bellitez prefers yet.

The Mason Holgate who played against the rs away last season we can all get on board with.

That was the standard he set last season and he failed to hit that standard for the vast majority of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.