2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always seen potential in Holgate, he just seems not to have progressed in the last 12 months, how much of that is due to being played as a full back some weeks and a centre back other weeks I’m not sure. It could even be that he has lost the run of himself a bit and thinks he is better than he is.

What ever the problem is I wouldn’t give up on him just yet, I’m sure there’s a good player in there somewhere.

Mina is slightly better so if we see Mason on the bench next week its not all bad, sometimes changing a winning team is a must

The defensive Tom Davies. Hasn't progressed despite being in the years of his career where he should be progressing quickest. I'd look to sell him and Keane as soon as possible and get a top quality partner in for Godfrey. Mina will probably want to leave once James is gone, so shouldn't be counting on him as a long term option..

I’ve always seen potential in Holgate, he just seems not to have progressed in the last 12 months, how much of that is due to being played as a full back some weeks and a centre back other weeks I’m not sure. It could even be that he has lost the run of himself a bit and thinks he is better than he is.

What ever the problem is I wouldn’t give up on him just yet, I’m sure there’s a good player in there somewhere.

The way I see it mate. He's 25 in a couple of months, had over 100 appearances for us now and he's at an age where should be coming to his peak but for some reason he actually looked better a couple of years ago than he does now.

Not physical enough to be a PL centreback. If you are going to be a slight CB you need to be rapid and although hes not slow hes not that quick. If you look at Gomes for that lot, he is pretty small but his pace gets him out of trouble.

Really think he should have been coached to be a right back or a DM as he was never going to make in a back 4, a back 3 he would prob be alright next to 2 units.

Status
Not open for further replies.