2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi had no idea if he was coming or going tonight. Let Alonso run, didn't cover when Holgate who was dealing with Hudson Odoi. Wasn't the best partnership
I think that’s overly harsh on iwobi... can’t recall who played the ball to Alonso but iwobi was caught between them both and made the decision to press the ball probably assuming one of the centre backs would come out to Alonso whilst holgate slotted into the middle... would have worked too if holgate hadn’t jogged back

I'll repeat...he won players player of the year and young player of the year last season playing centre back.

He's not playing consistently out of position at the moment.
I thought he'd finally cemented a place for himself at centre-back last season, but it feels like he's well down the pecking order there now.

Not sure what the future holds for him, as he's never a full-back.

I don't think he's top 4 quality. Move him on to a competitive midtable side for good money in the summer. I can see him becoming a reliable player and captain at a side in 15th.

I say this because he clearly wants to be a starter at CB and I doubt hes good enough to regularly start for us in that position if we want to win things.

Isnt a rb but with injuries we need another cb, braithwaite still isnt ready. Hopefuoly can regain some form once he is moved back to cb

I think that’s overly harsh on iwobi... can’t recall who played the ball to Alonso but iwobi was caught between them both and made the decision to press the ball probably assuming one of the centre backs would come out to Alonso whilst holgate slotted into the middle... would have worked too if holgate hadn’t jogged back

Which is what I mean, both were pulled all over the shop. It wasn't the best partnership do deal with them overloading the wing

I thought he'd finally cemented a place for himself at centre-back last season, but it feels like he's well down the pecking order there now.

Not sure what the future holds for him, as he's never a full-back.

Don't think he's down the pecking order. It's generally circumstances. We don't have another right back. Godfrey was horrendous there, Holgate is used to that position.

Overall Him and Godfrey are fighting for Mina's and Keane's place and are a good age to wait for the position to open up.

Too rash and gets pulled out of position too much especially at RB. Was good last year at CB but has now been leapfrogged by Godfrey, needs to calm down a little bit, too eager to win the ball when its not really there to win which just takes him out the game

I know he is filling a gap until the summer when we can get a proper right back in but just offers nothing in an attacking sense. Chelsea may as well not have marked him once he went over the half way line. Coleman has his faults but at least he is a threat when he gets forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.