2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he is filling a gap until the summer when we can get a proper right back in but just offers nothing in an attacking sense. Chelsea may as well not have marked him once he went over the half way line. Coleman has his faults but at least he is a threat when he gets forward.
Not that much more of a threat, but I take your point

you wonder what happens with Holgate, 24 needs to be playing every week. And is 4th choice CB.
So we cash to help fund other potions
And get a 4th choice CB on loan for a season. Of money isn’t an issue then keep him.

you wonder what happens with Holgate, 24 needs to be playing every week. And is 4th choice CB.
And get a 4th choice CB on loan for a season. Of money isn’t an issue then keep him.

I think he’s one of our most sellable assets in the summer. I can’t see us selling Mina, get the feeling Carlo much prefers him. Shame because I like Holgate and he was our best central defender prior to lockdown last season.

Far too arrogant attitude
tenor.gif

Decent enough and probably the right choice to keep the back four very mobile. As much as we all love Seamus he's knocking on.. 10 plus years in the PL really is a great achievement.

Don't think he's down the pecking order. It's generally circumstances. We don't have another right back. Godfrey was horrendous there, Holgate is used to that position.

Overall Him and Godfrey are fighting for Mina's and Keane's place and are a good age to wait for the position to open up.
I'd prefer for you to be right, as I rate Holgate very highly, and I think that he and Godfrey have the potential to be a long-term partnership.

However, I do think that he's currently no.4 in Ancelotti's thinking. These things can change very quickly, though.

I think he’s one of our most sellable assets in the summer. I can’t see us selling Mina, get the feeling Carlo much prefers him. Shame because I like Holgate and he was our best central defender prior to lockdown last season.
To be fair Mina is better then Holgate.

As for holgate, well we will need him next season for the extra european games so cant see him leaving

Its a difficult one as he hasn't had that many opportunities this season at CB but agree with a new right back he is 4th choice there and with Branthwaite coming back from loan at the end of the season there is even more competition and in time could find himself 5th choice

Holgate and Mina make a good partnership as do Godfrey and Keane. They are all interchangeable as well. If you are playing a really physical team you could play Keane and Mina. If you wanted to play a high line Godfrey and Holgate. Europe looks highly likely in one form or another next season so there will be plenty of games for 4 of them. Add in Holgate and Godfrey can cover other positions. Also Ancelotti might want to go 3 at the back in some games. If you sell Holgate all it takes is one injury and the resources are stretched. Branthwaite could cover but it's a big ask. Keep all 4 challenge for 4 trophies see how we get on. Hes gone from being a no hoper to being the next Barest back to no hoper all in 18 months. My opinion is he's decent but not quite top level. Except if you are Man City your squad needs players like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.