2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he looked switched on instead of acting so cool and casual it would help. I have said this season I don't mind having a RB who can defend and to be fair to Mason he has had some good games at RB over the years he's just not Lucas Digne.

However if you are continually turning over possession I'd rather you did it whilst looking interested in the game.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a Holgate fan... and also what a massive Stones fan I was.. and remained. Thinking Holgate was better than Stones was just fans trying to not be reminded we had the most talented CB in England and he moved on. I hoped Holgate could approach his level, but Stones is proving how good he can be again... Different level.
I like Holgate also and was singing his praises in his early days when he was getting pelters on here, however is form has dropped off, there's still a player there we've seen him but there's something not quite right with the lad at the moment, what that is could be anyone's guess, I'm hoping it's just a temporary dip in form and we'll see the best of him again sooner rather than later as it's frustrating to watch.

I like Holgate also and was singing his praises in his early days when he was getting pelters on here, however is form has dropped off, there's still a player there we've seen him but there's something not quite right with the lad at the moment, what that is could be anyone's guess, I'm hoping it's just a temporary dip in form and we'll see the best of him again sooner rather than later as it's frustrating to watch.
Yeah as a fan his recent dip.. and that he hasn’t got back to those heights is frustrating as desperate to see him do well.. holding thumbs for him.. it’s all in his head and hands

Why did our CB’s let Jesus drop off at will and not track him. He had all time in the world to turn or pop the ball off.

Yet every time we played up to Richarlison, one of the city CB’s was touch tight. Unbelievable.

What do we do with Firmino? As he will do exactly the same

Hes very slow to react lately... and tonight on at least a couple of occasions didnt react at all as City players waltzed round or past him. Needs a word or two from Don Carlo about his drop in effort and commitment as he has it in him to give a good performance as weve seen in the past

Very strange player - if an opponent goes past him he just gives up and jogs back. Compare that to Godfrey - if any opponent gets past him, which doesn't happen often, he uses every ounce of effort to get back at the opponent.
Thought both CB’s looked exposed tonight. And i mentioned this earlier.
Why didn’t they track Jesus,
Just let him drop off at will

Status
Not open for further replies.