2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a leader alongside him who will lash his body in front of everything (Lascelles would be ideal) and watch him shine.

He's already shown much better performances than Keane has in every facet.

Totally agree...if Holgate has a good partner then he'll push for a call up by season end.

First appearance. First goal.

Go on. My son.

fatherted_1419238c.jpg

I rate Holgate. He looked very decent in many of the games he played last season. He has pace, is fairly good in the air and is comfortable in possession.

He had a good run alongside Williams until West Brom home when he had a howler (like virtually the whole team that day) and one could see his confidence visibly wilt. I guess that’s often what happens with young players.

Marco Silva needs to send him positive vibes by starting him as the main centre back. If the Columbian bloke comes in alongside him then great. If not, then it looks like Keane and Holgate as the central partnership.

A very big season for Holgate . He needs to establish himself as a premiership player but also as a defender that can actually defend.

While John Stones is playing I think England will always give up soft goals. There must be an opportunity for central defenders to stake a place in that national team and Holgate looks as good as any of the young defenders around.

A very big season for Holgate . He needs to establish himself as a premiership player but also as a defender that can actually defend.

While John Stones is playing I think England will always give up soft goals. There must be an opportunity for central defenders to stake a place in that national team and Holgate looks as good as any of the young defenders around.
one half mistake in the entire world cup, but okay. If Holgate who I like gets anywhere near the level of John Stones we should all be delighted

Always thought Holgate was a little error prone when I watched him.

He's very inexperienced at CB at this level so it was to be expected, but if he's to play regularly for us next season he will have to cut those mistakes out.

He’s a liability. Unless he’s totally changed and learnt to focus and read the game he will remain a liability......

Status
Not open for further replies.