Martinez Out: Post Stoke poll

Yes or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's already proven that he'll NEVER change his way of playing, no matter how bad the situation gets. It's his "FILLUSUFFEE"

And for that reason, I'm firmly lodged in the "out" camp. At the end of the season of course, we've left it too late in this season to sack him right now and expect a significant improvement
This is though he's shown in the past he can change things. He went to a back 3 once at Wigan and they went on a 10-match winning run that saved them from the drop, including wins away at bigger clubs. He can do it, but for some reason he's not doing it this time.

His refusal to drop a DM at home when playing weaker teams is another baffling thing he does, Not a chance we need two at home to WBA or Hull is there, Yet its the same thing game in game out

Then we have his policy of only playing one winger from the start, When he does bring another one on it is 90% of the time for the winger that started

Its obvious to anyone who watches Everton that Lukaku/Naismith/Barkley out wide does not work, Yet its repeated every single game with the same results

yeah but Del....I don´t think any of the other options are setting the world alight either. We had two wingers against Palace...no? We may have won that, but we were just as awful as other games.

I really don´t think the crap we are watching is as simple as not having two wingers.

This is though he's shown in the past he can change things. He went to a back 3 once at Wigan and they went on a 10-match winning run that saved them from the drop, including wins away at bigger clubs. He can do it, but for some reason he's not doing it this time.

He must know he's on borrowed time now, He's not stupid enough to think the pressure is not mounting after every defeat

I am hoping that against Newcastle we see a change in team selection and he goes for broke, I would rather see us go full tilt at them and get beaten 3-2 than watch us give another three points away with a shallow, lacklustre display with no fight

So the Burnley manager is ok because his side are where they expected whereas Martinez is ok because his Everton side are well below where was expected?

Am I still asleep...
200_s.gif

Agreed. It,s a crazy as the argument that we should keep hold of the manager because we could win the EL Cup. Everyone of us wants to win the cup but the reality is the teams left in that competition will prove to hard to hurdle in terms of quality. We are putting off what we all know is coming and boy will it slam us when we look back at the wreckage. I still say that we can get rid now, stay up and at least have a team who is collectively together for the last 10 games and EL games. At the end of day, it,s the decision of a few in the main stand so they go down with him or they choose roll the dice.

yeah but Del....I don´t think any of the other options are setting the world alight either. We had two wingers against Palace...no? We may have won that, but we were just as awful as other games.

I really don´t think the crap we are watching is as simple as not having two wingers.

Played two wingers against Palace and won, Doesn't repeat it again, Martinez logic

Not arsed how poor people think Lennon/Mcgeady and Atsu are, I would rather see a winger on the wing than a CM or Striker (Eto) shoehorned there every game and watch them drift around aimlessly producing nothing of note

If we play Newcastle with Lennon and Mirallas both getting 90 minutes, Gibson and McCarthy in midfield and Ossie behind Lukaku then we will give ourselves a great chance of scoring a few past them. Much much more so than if we stick Barkley or Naismith out wide, or play 3 defensive midfielders.

It looks like he's a massive fraud, he chats so much [Poor language removed] and is clueless. I didn't want him as manager but thought he'd won me around last season. I would love him to prove me wrong, have a great last 10 games of the season and lift the Europa League. Can't see it though, failure to beat Newcastle will see me firmly placed in the 'out' camp.

never mind the premier league mate its the lowest points total after 28 games since 1927 (allowing 3 points for a win obviously)

Jeeeeez.

I hate it when people compare it to Moyes' second season. Moyes had a team that deserved to be down there at the time, Martinez has a team that should be absolute bottom of the barrel 10th. I've said it for a while he is not the right manager for us. He can take his pansy style passing over to La Liga or something, I've seen Conference sides defend better than us.

And it pisses me off how he likes to bring in wingers but refuses to play more than one at a time. There's an argument to be had that Naisy and Barkley shouldn't even be playing, never mind being played out of position.

Last season when we were playing well we had 2 wide men with Barkley between them and Rom up front, full backs could get forward at will because players were there to cover for them. We dominated possession and we looked dangerous. At the moment our front 3 look unbalanced and isolated. Playing 3 DM's is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.